Highlights/Lowlights

Guest Elbear

Almost forgot about another highlight in not having to pay for parking. I rolled down my window to pay and the lovely lassie asked if any of us had VIP tickets. The 2 lassies I was giving a lift ton had so we were told we didn't have to pay. Rather £15 in my pocket :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was my first RockNess [and first festival] and I really enjoyed it. But I would have like to experienced this old atmosphere that you're all talking about..

Highlights.

Laidback Luke. He was so smiley too! I am in love.

The Chemical Brothers - I can't remember allllll of the set, but seeing Swoon live was one of the best moments in my life.

Arcadia Afterburner - I can't remember a lot of Erol, but I was singing "Never Stop" for hours after, so I obviously enjoyed. Pan Pot were also really good.

Simian Mobile Disco - minus some bint's elbow in my face the whole time. Was right up the front though, so can't complain too much!

Sub Focus.

The Sub Club tent in general. I wasn't even sure who I was listening to half the time, but it was good for a wee bounce.

Boys Noize - I hear it wasn't his best set, but I enjoyed it anyhow. Played my favourite song. Meeting him was also good, despite having to hear the drone of Glasvegas.

The view - and I don't even like scenery.

Majority of acts played my favourite song by them. Always a bonus.

I have lots of highlights tbh, but I whittled them down so my post isn't too big.

Lowlights.

The rain on Monday. Taking down the tent and waiting for a late bus in it = not good.

Skrillex - didn't particularly want to go see him and he lived up to my expectations - rubbish.

The amount of bams.

Magnetic Man MC.

The post festival blues I am still experiencing.

It was my first RockNess [and first festival] and I really enjoyed it. But I would have like to experienced this old atmosphere that you're all talking about..

Highlights.

Laidback Luke. He was so smiley too! I am in love.

The Chemical Brothers - I can't remember allllll of the set, but seeing Swoon live was one of the best moments in my life.

Arcadia Afterburner - I can't remember a lot of Erol, but I was singing "Never Stop" for hours after, so I obviously enjoyed. Pan Pot were also really good.

Simian Mobile Disco - minus some bint's elbow in my face the whole time. Was right up the front though, so can't complain too much!

Sub Focus.

The Sub Club tent in general. I wasn't even sure who I was listening to half the time, but it was good for a wee bounce.

Boys Noize - I hear it wasn't his best set, but I enjoyed it anyhow. Played my favourite song. Meeting him was also good, despite having to hear the drone of Glasvegas.

The view - and I don't even like scenery.

Majority of acts played my favourite song by them. Always a bonus.

I have lots of highlights tbh, but I whittled them down so my post isn't too big.

Lowlights.

The rain on Monday. Taking down the tent and waiting for a late bus in it = not good.

Skrillex - didn't particularly want to go see him and he lived up to my expectations - rubbish.

The amount of bams.

Magnetic Man MC.

The post festival blues I am still experiencing.

Like I say I believe the security must've been briefed to be on the look out for drugs this year as there seemed to be alot of security specifically keeping an eye out for these things, which is fine, drugs are illegal afterall but they way they went about there job was completely wrong and searching someone in front of a crowd is just degrading.

I don't know why some of you are blaming missing the likes of Nero & DJ Yoda on your late buses.

I bought a Friday day ticket to specifically see Skrillex & Nero. I have been wanting to see Skrillex for just under a year and was insanely excited to see him for the first time.

Rockness states on their website "The Festival arena opens at 16:00 and the main arena at 18:00."

I assumed..along with an email I received from Rockness saying "Day tickets are accepted from 17:00 onwards" that acts would start at around 6pm. So I booked a shuttle bus for 16:00.

Long story short - My friend phoned me from Rockness saying Skrillex was on at 4pm. I got an earlier bus at 3pm from Inverness and arrived at the Goldenvoice tent around 16:50 (traffic was horrendous, not to mention the f**king mile and a half they make you walk before you actually get into the site) and caught about 10 minutes of Skrillex. What a f**king joke.

Other festivals announce the set times before the weekend. I am appalled at how Jim does not give up to date information.

I don't know why some of you are blaming missing the likes of Nero & DJ Yoda on your late buses.

I bought a Friday day ticket to specifically see Skrillex & Nero. I have been wanting to see Skrillex for just under a year and was insanely excited to see him for the first time.

Rockness states on their website "The Festival arena opens at 16:00 and the main arena at 18:00."

I assumed..along with an email I received from Rockness saying "Day tickets are accepted from 17:00 onwards" that acts would start at around 6pm. So I booked a shuttle bus for 16:00.

Long story short - My friend phoned me from Rockness saying Skrillex was on at 4pm. I got an earlier bus at 3pm from Inverness and arrived at the Goldenvoice tent around 16:50 (traffic was horrendous, not to mention the f**king mile and a half they make you walk before you actually get into the site) and caught about 10 minutes of Skrillex. What a f**king joke.

Other festivals announce the set times before the weekend. I am appalled at how Jim does not give up to date information.

Highlights

Kasaibian, Two Door Cinema Club, We Are Scientists, The Chemical Brothers, Frightened Rabbit, Bombay Bicycle Club, Simian Mobile Disco, Beardyman (for the short while i seen him), Retro/Grade, meeting Bombay Bicycle Club front man at The Chems and campsite banter!

Lowlights

Mosh pits,

If you looked at the map properly you would have seen that the Goldenvoice was not in the main arena.

Why would there be no music for an hour or 2 if the gates were open? I undertstand that some stages at festivals don't start till a bit after gates open but with dance tents they might as well start them when the gates open. Always been the case with Slam tent etc.

I think you need to plan your festivals a lot better if this is what you're moaning about. While you're at it, get a better taste in music too.

Highlights

Frightenend Rabbit in the Goldenvoice

Paolo closing, a big fan of his so this was right up my street

not really looking forward to Kasabian and being well impressed

Meeting Scott from Frabbits and getting a blether with him

Watching Chemical Brothers on the hill with Paolo right next to me

Meeting some girls from Elgin and spending most of the weekend

Going to the festival with my brother and camping with his mates

7up on sale tasting so much better than i ever remember 7up

Going to see Twilight Sad with one of the Elgin chicks

Lowlights

Lack of Soundcity advertising

Sunburn

the downpour that followed the roasting weather around 2ish each day

lack of people at Twilight Sad

Missing Broken Records, Lonely Tourist and Little Fire

one of our seats getting bumped out our tent on Friday night!

Highlights

Frightenend Rabbit in the Goldenvoice

Paolo closing, a big fan of his so this was right up my street

not really looking forward to Kasabian and being well impressed

Meeting Scott from Frabbits and getting a blether with him

Watching Chemical Brothers on the hill with Paolo right next to me

Meeting some girls from Elgin and spending most of the weekend

Going to the festival with my brother and camping with his mates

7up on sale tasting so much better than i ever remember 7up

Going to see Twilight Sad with one of the Elgin chicks

Lowlights

Lack of Soundcity advertising

Sunburn

the downpour that followed the roasting weather around 2ish each day

lack of people at Twilight Sad

Missing Broken Records, Lonely Tourist and Little Fire

one of our seats getting bumped out our tent on Friday night!