2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Gaga hype bubble is bursting, her 2nd album has flopped and is out of the US top 40 only 24 weeks after been released. Once you get past the stunts and crazy costumes there aint much there musically

She's a pop star where the major driver of her success has been marketing and hype and not product.

Why did anyone ever think it was anything else? :blink:

I reckon 2013 is going to have the worst line up of any year. And that includes some of the turd years in the 80s and early 90s.

Headliners:

Florence and the Machine

Kasabian

Rhianna

2nd top:

Jessie J (or whoever her equivalent is that year)

Snow Patrol

Calvin Harris

The festival as we know it is over. Nurture your memories. The festival peaked long ago

I see we are back at the "it is not as good as it used to be" vibe.

I first went it 2007, I had two good years 2008 being awesome, before it became a 5 day event in 2009 since then never as good. They tried to fix something that was not broken, that said it would have taken courage to do nothing.

I know many people who have been going for years and years the consensus is that it was better back in the day and I believe them, gutted to miss those years. Of course I will occasionally moan about it, but it is still great I will likely go again.

I reckon this year off will bring about loads of changes to the festival. And you are spot on about the fact it starts on the wednesday now making it lose its shine hugely.

I miss going down on the thursday, pitching up with no problems and watching the film (usually something daft like the goonies) on the massive outdoor screen that night with a fat doobie, some wine and just laughing my balls off with strangers.

It's corporate camping there now.

I reckon 2013 is going to have the worst line up of any year. And that includes some of the turd years in the 80s and early 90s.

Headliners:

Florence and the Machine

Kasabian

Rhianna

2nd top:

Jessie J (or whoever her equivalent is that year)

Snow Patrol

Calvin Harris

The festival as we know it is over. Nurture your memories. The festival peaked long ago

Plan B didn't sub, he played 3rd under Pendulum and Beyonce.

Dizzee yes I can see and other stage on Friday Or Saturday I think would be a good choice, I just thought he might actually need a bigger space than Other stage will give.

Edited by sisco

I can't see a rapper headlining the other stage, has it ever happened before? Rappers are quite mainstream these days and I can't imagine the mainstream crowd venturing over to the other stage, they might not even know such a stag exists!

Rappers on the pyramid is fine, that's where their fans will be. Can't see it working on the other stage though

I think most fests would kill for that. One of the biggest British bands around making possibly their debut festival headlining performance of their new record, who haven't played properly for eight years, probably the biggest female singer in music, and a band that sold over 300,000 tickets inside an hour, and have unfinished Glasto business.

Only one I'd be slightly skeptical about is Gaga, as her hype seems to have dropped slightly, but by then, she'll have built it up again.

Let's be honest 100% of tickets will be gone before a headliner is announced and no matter who it is only about 5% of them will become available again!

Let's just pray all of us are happy with 1 of the headliners but if not there will be something to do anyway!

That's my opinion though. I think Stone Roses will have burnt out by then, not a huge fan of Radiohead and have no interest in seeing Lady Gaga, who, by the way the music scene operates atm, could be a nobody by 2013.

I understand that it would appeal to a lot of people, just not me.

Having said that, it isn't the head-liners that attract me to glastonbury, it's the huge range of acts etc. so even if is that i'm sure i won't be disappointed!

There is, she's a massively talented classically trained musician (listen to Speechless, or some of the piano stuff she did during R1BW), but she's gone more of an electro direction for this record, rather than her traditional direction, hence why it's not done as well. It would be very easy to hype her headlining though, and could create massive anticipation if handled well.

Ahh ... the old "classically trained" argument. Just because she's "classically trained", it doesn't stop her music being over produced, highly marketed, generic throw away pop.

What does classically trained mean anyway? So she can read music and learnt piano playing Beethoven. I'm not sure how that improves her credentials as a pop act with longevity.