2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used his 3rd IOW spot as that's what he'd been announced for, and I don't think it's that bad a reason.

Since when did bound to and not too unrealistic that he could mean the same thing?, Think you put an unused term in there.

The fact that reason was used isn't really the point. Where I stated he could play is. IOW is a major festival.

I don't think it needs to bud, selling out multiple arena's tours helps my case just fine.

That was a bit of a weak year though for IOW barring Neil Young and Pixies, they also had Sterephonics headline with Razorlight under them which is pretty weak. They are still a big band but are not a headliner. Take 2010, Jay - Z, The Strokes (big comeback), Paul McCartney.

bjork to headline other stage.

doing alot of euro festival, next year and and can see her finishing of the current tour at glasto 2013. With bjork doing bestival theres only latitiude and glast I could see her doing in the uk, which probably says more about uk fest bookers than bjork herself.

but to be fair she should be headlining the whole thing.

This would be my fantasy line-up but...

A I can't see daft punk headlining the pyramid (though they'd be great)

B I think they'll have a true mainstream pop act one night, maybe gaga or Florence?

So.. Radiohead one night, AF another and then Daft punk headlining the other stage against a crowd pulling pop act will do me nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

Reverse your headliners around so Radiohead play Friday and it's a good shout, though I still reckon that The Stone Roses needs to not happen for Biffy to be back so soon and headline. It's quite clear even given Melvin Benn's latest R&L statement that The Roses surely would take a headline glasto spot over R&L, they will have cashed in heavily next year so couldnt' see their appearance there until at least the following year after.

Just come back from seeing Kasabian at the 02, I know there bit everyone's cup of tea and frankly they were poor at the isle of wight this June. BUT, they smashed it tonight, perhaps not 2013 (I mean there's no place for them what with the Rolling Stones, Smiths and arcade fire) but 2014 perhaps they deserve at shot at headlining, If it's like tonight then most will enjoy it, hard not to get caught up in the sing-a-long moments!