2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

Just come back from seeing Kasabian at the 02, I know there bit everyone's cup of tea and frankly they were poor at the isle of wight this June. BUT, they smashed it tonight, perhaps not 2013 (I mean there's no place for them what with the Rolling Stones, Smiths and arcade fire) but 2014 perhaps they deserve at shot at headlining, If it's like tonight then most will enjoy it, hard not to get caught up in the sing-a-long moments!

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just come back from seeing Kasabian at the 02, I know there bit everyone's cup of tea and frankly they were poor at the isle of wight this June. BUT, they smashed it tonight, perhaps not 2013 (I mean there's no place for them what with the Rolling Stones, Smiths and arcade fire) but 2014 perhaps they deserve at shot at headlining, If it's like tonight then most will enjoy it, hard not to get caught up in the sing-a-long moments!

I don't think Radiohead or the Stone Roses will headline in 2013. Why play Glasto a year after the hype and press would be beneficial? Stone Roses secret set, perhaps?

It is beneath Daft Punk to play the Other Stage, so I imagine IF they ever do anything again, they will get nabbed by Wireless or V for a big payday.

Pyramid headliners:

Fri: Arcade Fire

Sat: Rolling Stones

Sun: Lady Gaga

Pyramid pre-headliners:

Fri: Florence + the Machine

Sat: Mumford & Sons

Sun: Chase & Status or Plan B or whatever equivalent nonsense is popular over there at the time

Other Stage headliners:

Biffy Clyro

The Prodigy

Elbow

I don't think Radiohead or the Stone Roses will headline in 2013. Why play Glasto a year after the hype and press would be beneficial? Stone Roses secret set, perhaps?

It is beneath Daft Punk to play the Other Stage, so I imagine IF they ever do anything again, they will get nabbed by Wireless or V for a big payday.

Pyramid headliners:

Fri: Arcade Fire

Sat: Rolling Stones

Sun: Lady Gaga

Pyramid pre-headliners:

Fri: Florence + the Machine

Sat: Mumford & Sons

Sun: Chase & Status or Plan B or whatever equivalent nonsense is popular over there at the time

Other Stage headliners:

Biffy Clyro

The Prodigy

Elbow

• 3 weeks later...

Right I know I may be asking a ridiculous question, and I wouldn't expect them to do it, but if Floyd did close the Olympics would that open any possible doors for a tour, closing with them headlining Glasto?

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/12/120103a.shtml

Ps I fully expect to be shot down, but I wanted to get your views...

Just found out that Lady Gaga writes her own tunes and does all the choeography for her shows etc. Quite impressive, but all the same, she really isn't my thing at all.

I'm just hoping for something decent on West Holts, last year Kool & The Gang provided a brilliant alternative to Beyonce, I hope it's someone like Earth Wind & Fire or Chic or David Byrne, I know the chance of Wilco taking up that slot is pretty much none, so I'm not even going to hope for that.

ah, the Mondays.

one of my favourite bands ever. i'm not sure if that is despite, or because of, what they are like.

i have seen them play absolute blinders, absolute stinkers and everywhere inbetween.

though for the life of me i couldn't see them headline Glastonbury, not on a main stage anyway.

would it be beyond the realms of cheesey nostalgia to see them on the bill at the Roses gigs though?

Isn't there still a bit of ill feeling from Monday's last headline slot meaning they've effectively got Worthy Farm banning orders? There's no way they'll headline anyway, but I'd be surprised if they were invited back after what seemed to come out of the last one. I'd also be very very surprised if they were at Roses, and slightly disappointed.

Edited by thesecretingredientiscrime

As much as I love The Mondays I couldn't see them headlining The Pyramid.

I could however see them play a secret set on The Park or maybe if The Stone Roses headline they could play below them.

I'd like to see Bjork back in 2013, absolutely loved her set in 2007 on The Other Stage.

Isn't there still a bit of ill feeling from Monday's last headline slot meaning they've effectively got Worthy Farm banning orders? There's no way they'll headline anyway, but I'd be surprised if they were invited back after what seemed to come out of the last one. I'd also be very very surprised if they were at Roses, and slightly disappointed.