2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nowt wrong with Gaga. I normally detest pop music but I'd definatel go see her, she'll put on a hell of a show if she plays. I'd much rather her that some boring toss like Radiohead. There, I said it. :P

Edited by rexclark

Lady Gaga & Arcade Fire would be awesome <ok>

Not a massive fan of Gaga's music (its not the worst Pop going around at the moment though), but she'll no doubt put on an amazing show.

Has Prince been mentioned yet? Or is not 'big' enough to headline anymore?

I guess Coldplay will be on the bill somewhere again...

I know Michael has said he already has the acts booked, but there's still a long way to go. Some relatively obscure band could go stellar in the next few months and end up headlining.

Anyway, I spent too much time at the Pyramid last year and am looking forward to more time at the smaller stages next year. Other than The Stones, Metallica (and I can't either of them doing it) and The Cure, no-one being mentioned would get me to the big stages.

Having said that...

Hobo for The Pyramid!

Forgot The Black Keys, and yes you're right. The Black keys Other Stage headers same time as GaGa, fit the kinda rock act that they had play Glasto with QOTSA last time on the Sunday.

I do think the Vaccines may well be big enough for it though with a new album by next year although i would say moreso subbing, and they could do that to any of those other stage headers.

I don't think Plan B there as it's literally one place up from last time and I think to play that stage again so soon, it needs to be at least another day, but I can't see it being Other Stage. I think Plan B could sub The Stone Roses due to the fact they are at a Heaton park show this year.

If it is Noel under The Roses then I would have a stab at Example or Justice below Daft Punk.

So to read as this for me from yours.

Radiohead

FATM

Chase & Status

The Stone Roses

Noel Gallagher

Daft Punk

Justice

Lady Gaga

Plan B

The Black Keys

The Vaccines

But I do think Plan B needs to change day, but I do also think that Chase and Status, Daft Punk and The Black Keys are the closest as a guess for Other Stage as it gets. You'd not rule out putting Mumford in there at least 3rd from top main either.

I don't hear him say The Rolling Stones but i guessed people think that from the saying the headliners are predictable?

To be honest, I think The Rolling Stones are less predictable than radiohead, roses and gaga. two of them are huge admires if the fest and vise versa and i can't see gaga turning it down. but if they got radiohead, roses and rolling stones, it's possibly the 3 biggest headline acts a fest has ever got.