2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know very little about music ( sorry if I'm repeating myself for the nth time). However I have to agree with you on a sense of decorum - there really wasn't any need to speak so harshly of your opinion. I can only hope that it was done light heartedly rather than to cause offence. It could be because I personally use swear words like punctuation marks when conversing.

i've got a sneaky feeling that you might see elbow headline at some point on either the main stage or other stage, they love the festival and the festival loves them, theyve got plenty of material and have been slowly working their way up the card.

I could imagine on past performances that kasabian could pop up as a headliner as well after subbing 3 times.

dont shoot me, im not saying its who i want, just who i could imagine !

i've got a sneaky feeling that you might see elbow headline at some point on either the main stage or other stage, they love the festival and the festival loves them, theyve got plenty of material and have been slowly working their way up the card.

I could imagine on past performances that kasabian could pop up as a headliner as well after subbing 3 times.

dont shoot me, im not saying its who i want, just who i could imagine !

I know very little about music ( sorry if I'm repeating myself for the nth time). However I have to agree with you on a sense of decorum - there really wasn't any need to speak so harshly of your opinion. I can only hope that it was done light heartedly rather than to cause offence. It could be because I personally use swear words like punctuation marks when conversing.

He constantly slates anyone else for stating an opinion contrary to his across the entire board really, he doesn't seem to understand the discussion part of a forum :lol: . As soon as anyone points out flaws in his thinking which if you put your opinion on a message board, its going to be discussed and pointed out the flaws go on about people not respecting opinion :P

It's called having an opinion on their opinion you idiot lol. And yes I am opinionated and defend my own thinking, why the hell would I think it or say it without a backup to it, that's rather idiotic.

You talk about my respect for others? Some of the word use you use is appauling. And you can reply with this when you state someone talks shit, they really do. Think about it

Kanye West to headline due to Jayz/ Beyonce connection.

Libertines because of their relationship with Eavis and probably reforming again next year.

Phil Collins; Would be a complete wildcard, unexpected and he deserves it.

Edited by hawkzred

Kanye couldn't sell that many tickets for The Big Chill last year so won't be booked to headline.

Libertines probably reforming again next year? Where'd you hear that? Or is it just the same rumour that goes around constantly? I highly doubt it to be honest.

Phil Collins? Most definitely a wildcard, personally can't see it but I have no reason to suggest he won't.

Edited by hawkzred

Kanye was obviously booked in the hope that Big Chill would sell out, it did not work out but he is a global star who has headlined many other festivals that have sold out.

Has he? Which ones? :blink:

Eavis booked two of the headliners for 2013 last year about the time when Libertines were doing their thing at Reading.

no he didn't. Where have you got that from? :lol:

And anyway, the Libs are far too small and niche for Glasto. They'd have the smallest headlining crowd since about 1981.

Eavis was quoted as saying that two of the headliners for 2013 were already being lined up. Can't remember where I read it as it was last year, but it was in black and white and apart from walking down to Worthy Farm and asking Eavis directly that's about as good as it gets.

Edited by hawkzred

Libertines have talked about doing more stuff together if you believe the NME and the lure of headlining Glastonbury would seal it. Pretty sure Carl and Pete are fairly chummy with old Eavis too. Eavis booked two of the headliners for 2013 last year about the time when Libertines were doing their thing at Reading.