2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

From yesterday.

Asked if they'd (Metallica) like to headline Glastonbury, Ulrich said: "We've never played Glastonbury. I don't know if Michael would ever invite a harder rock band to play. It's something I would love to do at some point. We love playing, we love connecting with people, and you want to try to do that in as many situations as possible. Mid May to September in Europe, it doesn't get better than that."

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From yesterday.

Asked if they'd (Metallica) like to headline Glastonbury, Ulrich said: "We've never played Glastonbury. I don't know if Michael would ever invite a harder rock band to play. It's something I would love to do at some point. We love playing, we love connecting with people, and you want to try to do that in as many situations as possible. Mid May to September in Europe, it doesn't get better than that."

it's not the first time they've said something like this. Hopefully it'll be ignored in favour of the bands the Eavii would chose above Metallica.

I know that Foos have been considered as headliners - I'm not sure if it's been ruled out or not - but also know that Michael was hovvering around the idea that they were too heavy for Glastonbury. So it's probably less likely that Metallica would headline.

it's not the first time they've said something like this. Hopefully it'll be ignored in favour of the bands the Eavii would chose above Metallica.

I know that Foos have been considered as headliners - I'm not sure if it's been ruled out or not - but also know that Michael was hovvering around the idea that they were too heavy for Glastonbury. So it's probably less likely that Metallica would headline.

Edited by The Nal

Has Santana ever played? I know he was rumoured a few years ago, but didn't know if he's ever actually played?

I'd love (well I say love, I fecking hate Mumford but could see them featuring in this type of thing) something like this:

Fleetwood

Mumford

Santana

Dylan

Don't think it's too unrealistic. Stevie N has been saying Fleetwood would be going back out, was supposed to be this year, but she's on tour with Rod Stewart (I shudder to mention that name in connection with Glasto), Mumford will more than likely be back, and could more than likely sub, especially under an act like Fleetwood, Santana is the one i'm questioning, I'd love Dylan, and he hasn't played in a while.

Kanye did not go down well with Big Chill regulars and was probably not promoted enough as you said to attract more numbers off the back of him headlining. It sounds like a contradiction but he was probably too big a name for the festival in the first place.

Big Chill is/was a pretty decent festival that has a bit of an identity crisis.

Kanye is one of the top acts that I really want to see live, but there was no way I was paying to go to see that bag of shite line-up, other Kanye fans I know felt the same.

There were some dreadful acts on the bill but there were also an lot of gems. If Kanye fans couldn't see that then that's saying something about Kanye fans. :P:lol:

I'm a fan of 2ManyDJs and Crystal Fighters and seen them both numerous times before so that wasn't going to sway me, also a fan of Metronomy and seen then so many times, because they've played everywhere. It was mainly the fact that Jessie J was the sub that put me off to be honest, things like that make a line-up look terrible, like Paramore under The Cure at R&L this year makes the line-up look much worse than it is.

Totally understand what you're saying with that one, I've always maintained that the subs can either make or break a line up, for example Biffy under Metallica & Soundgarden under Sabbath at Download looks huge, where as in comparison as you say Paramore subbing the Cure makes R/L look weaker than it should.

As for Jessie J, she wasn't that bad on the day, though by no means was she good either, I guess the reasoning behind booking her was to try & tempt in the more 'mainstream' pop audience who may not have been persuaded by Kanye alone. Though I have a feeling lack of exposure killed that idea.

back in 2003 i think they were second-from-top on the sunday Other Stage bill right before Doves, so..10 years later they'd be in with a shout to close things out. (I could be wrong, but was trying to think why I missed them that year, and i think it was because I was catching the Manics)

Yeah, I asked about Sigur Ros the other week. I think they're worth a shout, Bestival is their only UK show this year (so happy I'm going), so next year, they'll probably be playing a lot more shows + a tour probably. Glasto would be wonderful (fingers crossed I can actually go!?).

Are they too big to headline the 3rd stage? I've never been before so can't tell hah.

Edited by Joe-

My beautiful dark twisted fantasy is my favourite album of the last few years. Utterly bonkers of course, samples of king crimson, raol Dahl (sp) quotes and devil in a new dress is beautiful. Lots of Gil Scott Heron.

Anyone who hasn't heard it should listen to all of it. Now.

Edited by sifi