2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

Doh!! That was me reading 'stone' and not anything else. :lol:

That was meant to be me making The Rolling Stones as rumoured for Sunday. Despite the denial, I can't and won't take that denial as being believable. On top of that, I now have a bit of extra info.

Meanwhile, I also have some new Roses info. They're now marked as a strong rumour.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was meant to be me making The Rolling Stones as rumoured for Sunday. Despite the denial, I can't and won't take that denial as being believable. On top of that, I now have a bit of extra info.

Meanwhile, I also have some new Roses info. They're now marked as a strong rumour.

Edited by gazza_20

I really dislike the Stone Roses. Would hope for a good JP or Park headliner if they were on (suspect they will be).

Never really got into the Stones. My dad's music went Beatles...Zepplin... PUNK!!!!!!!!!!! so I was never introduced and never really bothered with them

I really dislike the Stone Roses. Would hope for a good JP or Park headliner if they were on (suspect they will be).

Never really got into the Stones. My dad's music went Beatles...Zepplin... PUNK!!!!!!!!!!! so I was never introduced and never really bothered with them

I've not read much of the thread, so soz for any repetition, but on 6 music yesterday, they were banging on about the Rolling Stones having taken one of the headline slots.

Some interesting quotes from Emily Eavis:

http://www.spotify.com/us/blog/archives/2012/06/20/our-interview-with-emily-eavis/

"Yesterday, someone big who we’ve really wanted for ages got in contact and so now we’re trying to negotiate the deal, to explain why we can’t offer millions of pounds, but we really want it to happen."

"Definitely M. Ward - and Bon Iver’s coming back. I really love what he does and he headlined The Park, so we’ll definitely try and get a slot for them. Every couple of months we do a playlist and put together the highlights of what we’ve been listening to."

"The obvious ones are Prince and The Stones, both of which would obviously be great. There was a lot of talk of Prince last year, but I don’t know if that will ever happen, to be honest. The same with the Stones, but it’s hard for us to accommodate people that are used to doing their own thing, but, you know, that was OK for Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney! We can make anything work, we just need the band to be up for it. And obviously we just pay a lot less, but we offer other things!"

Bon Iver news definitely puts a smile on my face.

They're still bizarrely popular with (and I dislike this phrase but it's the easiest way of conjuring the mental image) people who don't really like music ("Oh, you know, I like everything")

And there is usually a very high quotient of said types at the pyramid

The Killers? Does anyone care about them anymore? :blink:

They were dreadful when they first appeared, and have only gone downhill ever since.