2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool interview! Lots of interesting bits!....You know the act approaching them I think its a big name we haven't thought of, it sounded kind a surprise.. which the stones/prince wouldn't be as they have been approached before.

Hate to say it maybe one like Take That...maybe Lady GaGa hadn't been approached and she's approached them.

Before I start I need to say I know very little about music as I don't follow it or tend to listen to it (unless overheard while out somewhere). So don't completely laugh your bollocks off when I say couldn't Emily have been referring to Elton John in this statement;

"Yesterday, someone big who we’ve really wanted for ages got in contact and so now we’re trying to negotiate the deal, to explain why we can’t offer millions of pounds, but we really want it to happen."

Or is Elton John not considered big nowadays? I really have no idea!

Before I start I need to say I know very little about music as I don't follow it or tend to listen to it (unless overheard while out somewhere). So don't completely laugh your bollocks off when I say couldn't Emily have been referring to Elton John in this statement;

"Yesterday, someone big who we’ve really wanted for ages got in contact and so now we’re trying to negotiate the deal, to explain why we can’t offer millions of pounds, but we really want it to happen."

over half the shows that Elton does nowadays are charity shows. He wouldn't need convincing about the money.

Aint posted in the glasto forum in a while, whos the latest up to date roumered to be headliners?

my money *currently* is firmly on The Rolling Stones, The Stone Roses, and someone else.

I have reason to believe that The Stone Roses are as good as booked (tho I may get other info within a month or two which says otherwise) - so the only reason I currently reckon it won't happen is if they split again before next summer.

Despite the denial by The Rolling Stones, I'm of the belief that there's something to the story. How much of it tho I don't know.

Edited by eFestivals

Elton John is playing smallish football stadiums really, 10,000 capacity max maybe. I wouldn't be over the moon with him headlining the festival, he didn't sound as good as he used to be during that Jubilee show; let alone in a years time. Mind you, I suppose he would be a 'sing-along' headliner, and those who weren't too keen could always do something else!

my money *currently* is firmly on The Rolling Stones, The Stone Roses, and someone else.

I have reason to believe that The Stone Roses are as good as booked (tho I may get other info within a month or two which says otherwise) - so the only reason I currently reckon it won't happen is if they split again before next summer.

Despite the denial by The Rolling Stones, I'm of the belief that there's something to the story. How much of it tho I don't know.

the rolling stones would be pretty epic, wouldnt really class the stone roses as a decent booking though considering they are on pretty much every festival everywhere this year, ill be seeing them headline 3 times this year lol good job i like them then, but would rather have someone else to see next year :P going to be my first glastonbury and its going to be my birthday on the saturday too ;)