2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

see... it's those patronising type comments that do you no favours Neil... "these people who like acts I don't 'approve' of are somehow deluded, and wrong"....

what does "they've been fooled by age" mean?

I think you're wrong and you think I'm wrong. Care to show me any difference in our thinking each other wrong?

Where the fuck did you get 'deluded' from? :blink:

And what the fuck is "do you no favours" meant to mean? Do you weirdly think that I post my opinions to gain favour? :lol:

"fooled by age" - the passing of time has led some to think one thing is another thing. From your own view, I'd guess that you'd think much the same of my how I've reached my own view.

FFS.

fooled by age... deluded

the passing of time has led some to think one thing is another thing... if that's not an implication that the people who like Prince are somehow confused as to why they do, then, again, I don't know what you're saying

yep, you defo don't know what I'm saying. Tho if you took a little more time to read and little less time for your prejudices to work themselves up, perhaps you'd manage it? ;)

I'm not saying they're confused about why they like him. I'm saying that they think he's not just pop because he was the pop music they liked when they were of a certain age.

But hey, go with your conspiracy-like theories if you want to. :lol:

I thought Prince was quite annoying when I first heard about him, then I heard a few songs that were good, and then I heard Little Red Corvette and 1999, and I thought fuck it, I don't care who he is, that's fucking great music.. that's all, just great music.

for some others, songs like those were detestable pop music, stuff of the very worst kind, designed only to have people with little interest in music part with their money.

For me, he still doesn't have the natural exuberance of say, Stevie Wonder, but I think he'd go down a storm, and be amazing too, at Glastonbury.....

I don't doubt he'd go down a storm. After all, The Killers did, Oasis did, and Beyonce did.

errmm.... yea.. well, that's really cleared things up..

it couldn't be anything simple, like, they like him?

:sarcastic: ...some people like him, some don't. I'm being entertained by your possible reasons why some people think they like him though

you just love to make it up. :lol:

Nowhere have I suggested that people only think they like him but don't really.

Where do you get this sort of stuff from? :blink::lol:

All I'm saying is some like you think he's a 'credible act' (whatever that might mean). Others like me think he's cheesy pop of the worst kind.

What's so difficult for you to grasp about that? Then again, you don't grasp bland, so I guess anything is possible. :P:lol:

I haven't mentioned credible once. I couldn't care less whether he's credible or not. It's so objective it's almost meaningless.

subjective, you mean.

OK, you don't care this time. You're forgetting we've been here before and you've argued hard against the idea that some think he's a pop act. ;)

there you go again... it's like debating with a child

"yea well, you like so and so, so you're opinion doesn't count..."

I guess you missed the sticky-out-tongue, and the laughter. The error is all yours.

you've decided it's not proper music, that it's only created to part punters with their money for. You're the one doing all the judging.

I've decided it's not music for me, and told you why I think that.

Everything else is your invention.

Oh no! He's talking about himself in 3rd person again! ;)

while I might like to think of myself as some sort of machine that's able to do 50 million different things each day all by myself, that's not how it is.

The truth is that I personally didn't write the 'Stone Roses for V' story that was on eFests, and nor did I hit the button that publishes onto the efests website. I have staff to do those sorts of things.

So do please tell me how I'm wrong to refer to a 3rd party in the 3rd person? :P:lol:

Edited by eFestivals

while I might like to think of myself as some sort of machine that's able to do 50 million different things each day all by myself, that's not how it is.

The truth is that I personally didn't write the 'Stone Roses for V' story that was on eFests, and nor did I hit the button that publishes onto the efests website. I have staff to do those sorts of things.

So do please tell me how I'm wrong to refer to a 3rd party in the 3rd person? :P:lol:

I spoke to John Robb yesterday regarding whether The Stone Roses are playing Glastonbury next year and although he couldn't confirm this to me, he said that it would make perfect sense for both the band and festival.

I know for certain they've been approaching some fests about next year. I also know that those they've approached are hesitant to commit at the moment, instead waiting to see how this summer's shows go and whether there'll still be a band of the same members to actually put on a stage next summer.

So it's likely, but not yet guaranteed.

The Daily Star have got a little beyond themselves (tho I also know that's more to do with their editing process than what was originally written to be published).