2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

I know for certain they've been approaching some fests about next year. I also know that those they've approached are hesitant to commit at the moment, instead waiting to see how this summer's shows go and whether there'll still be a band of the same members to actually put on a stage next summer.

So it's likely, but not yet guaranteed.

The Daily Star have got a little beyond themselves (tho I also know that's more to do with their editing process than what was originally written to be published).

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have also mentioned that John has been to the majoirty of Stone Roses gigs so far around Europe and speaks to the band on a regular basis, he is also having a book launch for his Stone Roses book so would know if they were definitely booked to play.

then he'll know that they've not yet been booked for IoW next year, contrary to the Star story. :)

Two things we should all know by now;

(1) I haven't got the sense I was born with.

(2) I have absolutely no idea about the music 'scene'.

With this in mind and the fact that I've not read the majority of this thread, is it so stupid of me to suggest Dolly Parton as a headliner. I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that I'm going to need to get my coat! And no, I'll not need to get out of the closet first in order to get it! I just happen to like her - and those marvellous protuberances!

Two things we should all know by now;

(1) I haven't got the sense I was born with.

(2) I have absolutely no idea about the music 'scene'.

With this in mind and the fact that I've not read the majority of this thread, is it so stupid of me to suggest Dolly Parton as a headliner. I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that I'm going to need to get my coat! And no, I'll not need to get out of the closet first in order to get it! I just happen to like her - and those marvellous protuberances!

Edited by Justiceforcedave

Last night in bed, as well as sleeping, I was thinking that maybe Kylie is set to make a return next year? After all, she owes Glasto a headline peformance, and she turned up in '10 with Scissor Sisters.

Is she still big enough to headline?

It's difficult to judge if Eavis wants her or not I reckon.

A while before the 2010 festival Eavis said something about the festival &/or music having moved on, and that they weren't wanting her.

But he followed that with something about not booking pop acts - when that's so much of what's on the major stages every year. :lol:

It's perhaps the case that he was meaning the more manufactured sort of pop, but that's there in spades as well.

So I don't know. There's no doubt that it was 'a big thing' when she appeared with Scissor Sisters.

It's difficult to judge if Eavis wants her or not I reckon.

A while before the 2010 festival Eavis said something about the festival &/or music having moved on, and that they weren't wanting her.

But he followed that with something about not booking pop acts - when that's so much of what's on the major stages every year. :lol:

It's perhaps the case that he was meaning the more manufactured sort of pop, but that's there in spades as well.

So I don't know. There's no doubt that it was 'a big thing' when she appeared with Scissor Sisters.

You've got me wondering what the other DP is now. If I do a search on DP the first thing that comes up is Dorothy Perkins the women's shop. Now I'm pretty sure that's not what you were referring to! That said, I have recently bought a couple of frocks myself - but only because I'll not get into the Ladies Night disco at Shambala without one. Honest! Unfortunately / fortunately neither one actually fits (bought off ebay). I digress, what's the other DP or aren't you allowed to say?

Just seen the Stone Roses at Heaton Park and they were amazing, no doubt that they would be one of the best Pyramid headliners of recent times, forget Muse, U2, Coldplay, even Ian sounded great, listening to John Squire was only what I can imagine what Hendrix would have sounded like, Heaton Park as a venue was shit, 45 mins queue for the bar, long queues for toilets, only allowing the first 20,000 people in the arena wristbands to get in the front part of the arena.

Roll on Glastonbury 2013, hopefully with the Roses are rightful headliners.