2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we've had Hip-hop, rock, pop and all that headlining, then surely its possible we have a dance headliner or maybe even a metal headliner?

I would love Iron Maiden, although I'm struggling to think of a dance act big enough to headline. Daft Punk maybe?

If we've had Hip-hop, rock, pop and all that headlining, then surely its possible we have a dance headliner or maybe even a metal headliner?

I would love Iron Maiden, although I'm struggling to think of a dance act big enough to headline. Daft Punk maybe?

I think it's a bit disingenuous to lump The Scissor Sisters in with that lot. They write alll their own songs, write all their own music and play all their own instruments. They may well be pop but no less talented than alot of guitar bands.

And yes, I am a Scissor Sisters fan. :blum:

I nearly posted something similar to that. :lol:

I'm not a SS fan - I detest them on record - but as a live act they're something very different, and very definitely one of the better live bands of recent years.

Glasto's had a number of dance headliners over the years. Dance isn't as big as it was, so that'll be why they've not done that so recently.

It looks like it might be open to metal from now on, but I'd guess it's likely to want to ease itself in that direction if it's going there - so I'd guess they'd start with acts far more mainstream than Maiden (eg: Foos).

In fact, acts of any genre that are as far away from mainstream as Maiden are are pretty rare for Glasto.

It begs the question would a headline status band who wants to play Glastonbury be willing to take a slot lower down the bill. Has a band ever headlined the pyramid and then returned a few years later in a lower slot, I cant recall it happening, but if it did it would show how much playing Glasto means to them.

It begs the question would a headline status band who wants to play Glastonbury be willing to take a slot lower down the bill. Has a band ever headlined the pyramid and then returned a few years later in a lower slot, I cant recall it happening, but if it did it would show how much playing Glasto means to them.

Chemical Brothers.

There's probably others, but that one is defo right.