On a Positive Note....

Guest Bunny

With many negative posts (I have contributed to these) thought I'd start the highlight thread!

My highlights have to be Cast (still singing Get Up all the time), Ocean Colour Scene and, without a doubt my highlight of the weekend was Primal Scream. Atmosphere Sunday at Chelmsford was great. It reminded me of my 90's raver days!

Special mention to Olly Murs who was my pleasant surprise of the weekend!

Edited by Bunny

Mine were the Wombats easily, was so looking forward to seeing these and they did not disappoint, such a great atmosphere watching these as well. Scouting for Girls, finally got to see them this year and again very good, and The Enemy in the Undercover Tent, absolutely brilliant. Razorlight, again another one I've always missed. Tinie Tempah, not my sort of music at all but what a crowd pleaser, really enjoyed watching him, and also thought Aloe Blacc was very good, what a smooth operator!!!

Friday day/night was my favourite time, getting to know a few new girls added to our group, had such a laugh - my hubby was the token male in a group of 8 girls!!! Had a great time. Happy memories :D

With the big chart acts attracting big crowds on the main stages I was able to see some small acts in relative peace on the arena and undercover stages, which I really enjoyed

New to me were Wolfgang, Airbourne Toxic Event, Fitz and the Tantrums, Mummers and Frankmusik who all played short but excellent sets

Also got right to the front of the Big Audio Dynamite and Gomez gigs - which for someone who doesn't really like crowds was great!

Best bit of the festival was Saturday night were I saw Stornoway, I am Kloot and then Primal Scream, three acts which wouldn't have been out of place on the John Peel stage at Glastonbury and no chavs in sight.

From a musical perspective the highlight had to be Fenech Soler in the UnderCover on Sunday. Ricky Wilson was also bang on for the Kaiser Chiefs - that's how you work a crowd.

For sheer genius and randomness, the prize has to go to the "Tea Ladies on Tour!" 3 unnervingly saucy old dears wandering around with a cart serving tea and biscuits during Example (Chelms). Brilliant!

My highlights were

Ellie Goulding - Sounded awesome

Rihanna- As expected

Ziggy Marley - Sounded good in the sun

KT Tunstall - Was wicked even in the rain

Tinie Tempah - Got the crowd going

Calvin Harris - Although only a DJ set he was a wicked end to V 2011