The announcement.

Guest rockmess

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see! I have seen it getting dark here till 10pm then the sun rising again at 3.30-4am in summer. (maybe im just confusing myself :this: )

Would that mean in London its dark before 10pm (never been to London)

Anyway my mistake sorry! :derisive:

depends if you're talking "dark" or "sunset".

But, for example, sunrise on solstice morning at Stonehenge (which is about the same distance south as london) is between 4:45am and 4:50am - so if sunrise is really the "3.30-4am in summer" that you say somewhere north of that it proves the longer daylight in summer ooop north.

Edited by eFestivals

^ I only come here for the non-festival chat.

Well, I meant that when I saw Deadmau5 at TITP this year, when he started, it was pretty much daylight and it was a good hour into his set before it was proper dark and I just felt that with his stage and lights, it's works so much better when it's pitch black, like I though the show was much better in the Barrowlands. He still puts on an amazing show and I'd love to see him as a headliner for Rockness.

Check it out -

Well, I meant that when I saw Deadmau5 at TITP this year, when he started, it was pretty much daylight and it was a good hour into his set before it was proper dark and I just felt that with his stage and lights, it's works so much better when it's pitch black, like I though the show was much better in the Barrowlands. He still puts on an amazing show and I'd love to see him as a headliner for Rockness.

Check it out -

Cant wait for this years line up! only launches in 3 DAYS! 26th of January!

Do you think the headliners will be like last years with a chilled out act on the Sunday???

I said a while back that I could see the Cure doing Rockness & Hop Farm, everybody seems certain that they'll do Latitude, however the dates already announced would make that a little difficult, not impossible, but a lot of effort.

I don't really care anyway, I'm seeing them at Optimus Alive.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

It would be a fantastic booking for Rockness if they got The Cure and a step in the right direction booking wise with something a bit different rather than recycled TITP acts.

I'd be gutted if The Cure were to play and clashed with Justice though. I'd say they'd probably play the Friday or Sunday with the big dance headliner on the Saturday night as usual.

Really cant see The Cure playing as much as it would be a great booking/step in a different direction. Same with the Foo's really, think they would have had a few other European dates announced already if they were going to play Rockness. Interesting to see who the 3rd headliner will be (if were all assuming Biffy and Deadmau5 are two of them), people will moan about it regardless lol