The announcement.

Guest rockmess

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly the cure on main stage and justice in the tent?

Edited by Eh Ah Ken

On the educated guess map you mean, not the one on their site, the map you're refering to does not show pinkpop and the current French date. The one on their site suggests that the green dot is north of their date in Ireland (probably Electric Picnic) which is most certainly not the latitude area, its somewhere between Latitude and Leeds.

They are also playing in Portugal on the Saturday on the weekend of Latitude, which goes against the idea of them playing there as they would have to do 3 festivals in 3 different countries over one weekend.

And again.

I'm guessing that they've stopped teaching geography in schools nowadays.

FFS, it's laughable, it's Jade Goody standard.

It might not be that The Cure are playing Latitude, but the point on the map could not be any other major fest.

And again.

I'm guessing that they've stopped teaching geography in schools nowadays.

FFS, it's laughable, it's Jade Goody standard.

It might not be that The Cure are playing Latitude, but the point on the map could not be any other major fest.

Edited by beau1

You'd have a point IF the map was clear, however it is not.

it's more than clear enough to be 100% certain that the mark is somewhere in East Anglia - Norfolk or Sullfolk - and no where else.

There is only one established event of large enough size for The Cure in those counties, and that's Latitude.

The only way to dispute what the map is saying is to say that the map is wildly innacurate with where it's marked that event. That might be the case, but on the basis that none of the other marks are that wildly inaccurate for the events so far announced for The Cure, then that mark is Latitude and nowhere else.

An easier example to see is their date in Rome, Rome is pretty much right on the west coast of Italy, however the distortion on the cure's map gives the impression that it is more towards the centre of the country.

you ARE Jady Goody and I claim my five pounds.

The mark for Rome is 100% right for Rome. :rolleyes:

I get your point that it could be Latitude due to it being on the coast but its too far to the North which is why I think it COULD be Leeds and the distortion has pushed the green towards the east.

It could only be Leeds if Jade Goody or a similar know-nothing has put that map together.

If it "could be Leeds" then it could also be T in the Park, or next year's Glastonbury, or even a fest in the USA, and the whole map is coimpletely pointless

You might have maps put together by morons in your house, but I'm crediting The Cure with being able to find someone to do it who has an IQ over 50.

Things just don't add up for it to be Latitude.

It adds up to being Latitude millions of times more than it does anything else.

it's more than clear enough to be 100% certain that the mark is somewhere in East Anglia - Norfolk or Sullfolk - and no where else.

There is only one established event of large enough size for The Cure in those counties, and that's Latitude.

The only way to dispute what the map is saying is to say that the map is wildly innacurate with where it's marked that event. That might be the case, but on the basis that none of the other marks are that wildly inaccurate for the events so far announced for The Cure, then that mark is Latitude and nowhere else.

Edited by beau1

Not quite as ALL OF EAST ANGLIA is covered up by the blob image! Maybe you should take geography lessons if you didn't notice that The Cure have no released a clear map of where they are playing and the map isn't that clear, therefore there are grounds for dispute.

For example, Pinkpop isn't marked on the cure's edited map as the Netherlands is covered up on the Cure's map, funnily enough so is all of East Anglia :rolleyes:

It is, but you know distortion distorts things hence why the mark for Rome is not exactly on top of Rome but slightly to the right. It doesn't match up exactly due to the edited image. The same with all of the dates, they are roughly where they should be due to the image being edited. :rolleyes:

Now you're just being retarded.

Either you're retarded, or you need an eye test.

The map is a professionally produced map which The Cure have then drawn onto.

The marker they've put on for their Rome date points *exactly* onto the dot on the map to mark Rome. It's 100% accurate.

The marker in East Anglia isn't pointing to anything marked on the map, and it's not pointing to exactly where Latitude is - but it's pretty close, nearer the Latitude site than it is to Cambridge.

Unless there's a new fest going to happen around that area, it can only be Latitude. Any other conclusion is foolish, and your suggestion of Leeds is laughable.

For all your Geography knowledge, you sure don't know that much about History or how to research.

My geography is spot on. My researching of the other points on the map leads to the firm conclusion that it can't be anything other than Latitude or a new festival that'll be sited near to where Latitude is.

The only bit of history that comes into it from my side is that wherever it is I won't be there, cos the albums are better than The Cure live.

The mark clearly isn't in East Anglia! The mark as seen on blurred image on The Cure's website is clearly north of the Irish mark so it can't be in East Anglia. So how are you 100% certain? The only one that points to Latitude is the one by the Open Air Guide. A made up map based on predictions and rumours. The H point on that map is the same point as the only visible letter on The Cure's blurred image which is J which should show that that map isn't entirely correct.

I can't find the original map. Got a link?