Optimus Alive 12

Guest pete76

Correct me if I'm just being ridiculous, but all this stuff about The Stone Roses being in a smaller font than the other 2 headliners... is that not simply because they have more letters in their name than Radiohead and The Cure? Hence them having to use 2 lines of font instead of 1 and in a slightly smaller font so it "fits" better with the poster layout.... ?!?

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Stone Roses have the sime size as Justice and Snow Patrol. This is the fact to think about other Headliner.

-They also are smaller than The Cure and Radiohead.

-Optimus avoid the question about their friday headliner

I think is pretty clear that Optimus are trying to get a bigger name as headliner or co-headliner.

If they finally can't pick one, they use Stone Roses as headliner.

What bands could go as headliner? I dont know, Blur is the strong rumour for all summer festivals, and we want them at Lisboa. But could go any big band. Or no one.

I think they are trying to get another big act from the UK for the Friday night headliner, and I hope that it is Blur. The line-up so far could be for a British festival, which makes me think they're going for the Glastonbury crowd, along with the tweets in English. As long as it's not Faith No More or Marilyn Manson anyway! As has been said, some of the acts announced so far are pretty tame/sheeite depending on your perspective (Florence, Snow Patrol and Kooks in particular), so I'm hoping that the second stage has a lot more up and coming bands - I'm thinking along the lines of Real Estate, Slow Club, Spectrals, all of whom I believe are doing festivals this summer

Just seen the following update on Blur's Facebook page:

Blur

Brits Day tomorrow. Main show on ITV1....continuing on ITV2 afterwards. Live news at midnight tonight.....as usual you will hear it here first.

So if they are going to play Optimus then we might get to find out in a few hours!

Him

Please could someone who has been before answer these questions? There is not much information on the website!

Does the festival take place right by the lake? Is it on a beach? Can you swim in the lake??

Is there anything else nearby to do in the daytime, waterparks etc?

Thank you!

x

I think Stone Roses are the Friday headliner, unless people are going on something more than the font size? Because on the latest poster Florence & Mumford are clearly in smaller font than Justice & Snow Patrol, despite them presumably playing the same slots? I guess until someone clears it up officially though, we'll be none the wiser.

ATDI subbing to Radiohead would be out of this world.