Optimus Alive 12

Guest pete76

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says on the line up page on this website that Paus are playing the Optimus clubbing stage which either the 2nd or 3rd stage. Looking at the line up for the last few years, the 2nd stage has got quite a few big bands/dance acts on and the 3rd one is all dance music.

It says on the line up page on this website that Paus are playing the Optimus clubbing stage which either the 2nd or 3rd stage. Looking at the line up for the last few years, the 2nd stage has got quite a few big bands/dance acts on and the 3rd one is all dance music.

Looking at some of the other acts on the go at the same time, I'm hoping they'll get Bjork and/or Wilco, but I somehow doubt it! To say the tickets are about £90 they've already got Stone Roses and Radiohead, who I'd imagine are pretty pricey, so can't see much being left in the pot for more big names....

Hi,

Thinking about heading over to Optimus this year with a few mates. I found the info i needed about the camping/campsite situation. Can someone please fill me in on travel to and from the festival to the campsite etc. also, how far the festival is from Lisbon airport and the best way to travel from airport to festival. The official site doesn't seem to informative and seems to be in broken English.

Thanks in advance

Ollie

Thanks very much, that was the main thing i was wondering about. Especially after Beni 2009 & 2011 having to get trains from Barcelona/Valencia for 2+hours, and EXIT festival 2010 getting a train from Budapest to Novi Sad for something like 6hrs. I can't be bothered this year with the hassle of travelling for hours from airport to festival, Cheers again.

Super Bock and sangria were both five euros for a litre at Super Bock Super Rock last year. I read a tip somewhere saying that you should buy your booze etc from some supermarket that's 10 or 15 mins walk from the Optimus campsite as the prices are half of that of the campsite shop.

I went to this festival last year and it was brilliant. If anybody wants to know any information then let me know, but for now i'll give you as much as I can.....

We got a camping ticket but made a bit of a holiday out of it by going to lisbon a few days before. We made our own way to the campsite (its fairly easy, theres a bus which runs straight from lisbon train station so I guess there will be one from the airport too). When we got there we just explained we were here for the festival but wanted to stay a few more days which they were fine with. I think it was around 15-20euro's per night for 2 people and a tent.

The campsite is great. Loads and loads of shade as it is covered by big trees so fairly cool (for south europe) in the mornings which is always a benefit for hangovers. Also a swimming pool where you can sit in the day with a few beers.

On the first day of the festival, the festival staff come to the campsite and sort you out with a camping wristband etc...

Access to the festival is really easy. There is a shuttlebus which runs from campsite to festvial and back non-stop from about 4.00pm till 03.00am every 30mins or so.

Beer and Food prices.....

In the campsite you can get a big superbock (1litre I think?) for less than 2euro's from the shop if I remember correct. If you want it even cheaper you can walk from the campsite to a shopping centre with a big supermarket in about 15mins and it is dirt cheap in there. Can't remember the price for a pint at the campsite bar unfortunately.

They also put on set meals at the campsite which aren't amazing but for less than 10euro's it fills you up.

In the festival itself it was 3euros for a pint of superbock/cider/sangria and I don't remember queuing once (european's don't seem to have the need of a beer like us british).

Hi,

Fairly big group of us coming over from U.K for this festival, I dont think anyone has been to Lisbon before. We will be looking to sort out a few appartments I think - can anyone recommend an area in Lisbon to look out for these (given location of festival and also somewhere which will be easy enough for us to see some of the city too)?

Thanks

Arteet - You would prob want to stay relatively near Cais De Sodre station. This station runs trains to the festival (and then beyond that to the beaches at Cascais and Estoril). Also, it's right next to Bairra Alto which is the main nightlife part of town (highly recommended). And it's right in the centre so near to everything else too!

Ollie - I've read on here that it didn't sell out last year and also that it only sold out in the last month. Not sure which is true...