What's Rockness Like? First timer

Guest Atterz123

Hey guys,

This summer is going to be my first time at rockness, I work for one of the festival merchandise companies and we usually take the big trip to scotland for Titp but our company hasn't got the contract this year so thought we'd give rockness a go instead.

Just wondering what it's like compared to other festivals, I've been to all the big ones. What festival would you say the crowd is like? I hear its a lot nicer than titp. Also just wondering what's on at the festival apart from the bands as the website isnt very good for telling me. I just want to make sure i'm a bit prepared for what the festival has to offer

Any other tips like a good food stall etc to try or somewhere around the festival area to go after would be appreciated! Think after the festival we're going to give loch ness a visit and go to findhorn which is about 50 miles away as one of our friends was born there.

Cheers

Hey guys,

This summer is going to be my first time at rockness, I work for one of the festival merchandise companies and we usually take the big trip to scotland for Titp but our company hasn't got the contract this year so thought we'd give rockness a go instead.

Just wondering what it's like compared to other festivals, I've been to all the big ones. What festival would you say the crowd is like? I hear its a lot nicer than titp. Also just wondering what's on at the festival apart from the bands as the website isnt very good for telling me. I just want to make sure i'm a bit prepared for what the festival has to offer

Any other tips like a good food stall etc to try or somewhere around the festival area to go after would be appreciated! Think after the festival we're going to give loch ness a visit and go to findhorn which is about 50 miles away as one of our friends was born there.

Cheers

Edited by Kyelo

Cheers for all that Kyelo, really indepth and got me really excited about it! Yeah the person who is from Findhorn has already told us we have to eat at the kimberly, we know someone who was named after it. The view over loch ness looks stunning, really looking forward to it now. Titp had a great lineup last year but the dance tents always closed really early, this looks more like my kind of thing. If you see someone in a fluorescent t-shirt trying to sell an overpriced band time programme, its probably me!

Cheers for all that Kyelo, really indepth and got me really excited about it! Yeah the person who is from Findhorn has already told us we have to eat at the kimberly, we know someone who was named after it. The view over loch ness looks stunning, really looking forward to it now. Titp had a great lineup last year but the dance tents always closed really early, this looks more like my kind of thing. If you see someone in a fluorescent t-shirt trying to sell an overpriced band time programme, its probably me!

Although you'll already see Loch Ness(see below)at Rockness there is a visitor center and Urquhart Castle on the other side that has stunning views. If your heading towards Findhorn(tis where Mick Scott of The Waterboys stays and wrote some songs about)go to The Kimberely Inn for some food, magic stuff. Plenty distilleries around there if that's your thing that you could visit?

I think the rockness forum is probably the freindliest place in the world.