Tickets on sale Sunday 7 Oct

Guest AnnaGrant

G2011 ticket day was the worst that I have known it in 15 years of going. Quite a number of people who had been successful for a number of years running found themselves without a ticket on that Sunday, me included. Personally I think it was down to organised sesson pimps, so I'm hoping that they have closed this loophole this year.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to admit last ticket day was the worst for me yet. Three laptops and not one got through. Neither did most of my freinds. Managed it in the end when an old girlfriend (note - its always handy to try to part on good terms!) got through and rang me.

Haven't heard of organised sesson pimps? Whats that then?

Edited by smudger

2011 was a nightmare for me also. Not a sniff at a booking page on T day or in any of the resales. Luckily I got a job at the last minute thanks to StoneCircle and this forum.

I'm a bit worried for the 7th. My PC is only working in safe mode and it's starting to fall down occasionally there as well now. Concerned that shop may not get it back to me in time if I put it in for repair now, so just hoping it holds up as I don't posess a smartphone.

I think the free version of Refresher will keep doing so even if the page changes. Version 2 (or 3?) has an option to halt when the page changes. It is also available on the trial version which if you downloaded a couple of days before ticket day would get what you need for nowt.

Using a VPN is only going to add extra hops to your connection to the server, this means it would be a small, yet insignificant disadvantage, unless your ISP has really bad routing (Highly unlikely in the modern age, most of those sort of issues were identified and resolved over a decade ago).

If you really want to get technical try a tracert between the box you are going to use and seetickets website. Try it again with a VPN. Count the number of hops, look at the ms each hop costs, consider whether this does or doesn't give you any advantage, what you will see in the end is that basically you might, if you REALLY try be able to scrape an extra few ms in ideal conditions, but on ticket day see are basically under DDOS attack due to the vast number of connections, so it is anything but ideal conditions.

In other words, there is nothing, really, you can do apart from hope, use as many boxes/sessions as possible, refresh manually as often as you feel necessary and cross your fingers. Anything else is probably little more than superstition.