Short Changed?

Guest Pip742

Does anyone else feel a little bit short changed from the V Festival organisers this year? There appears to be less quality acts and names than usual, Possibly less acts? The communication from them is very poor and now a sub headliner pulling out which we all know they aren't going to be replace meaning less music. I suspect that yesterday's delayed annocement was very tactical by them as they knew there was no major artist init to help boost poor ticket sales. I just feel that for the money paid we should be getting more.

Defo agree with you. This is my first V, and all other years i've seen the lineup it's been pretty good, so i decided to get tickets in the earlybird sale last August. Was pretty let down by the lineup, but then kept thinking more would be announced, only they never were. Lol. I still think me and my other half will have a great time, but it will probs just be one of the festivals we can say we've done and will never go back. We shall see!

Does anyone else feel a little bit short changed from the V Festival organisers this year? There appears to be less quality acts and names than usual, Possibly less acts? The communication from them is very poor and now a sub headliner pulling out which we all know they aren't going to be replace meaning less music. I suspect that yesterday's delayed annocement was very tactical by them as they knew there was no major artist init to help boost poor ticket sales. I just feel that for the money paid we should be getting more.

I'm feeling the same - it was the lure of Stone Roses this year - otherwise I would have gone to Leeds. This will be my 3rd time seeing the Killers and Snow Patrol at V in 6 years - it's bordering a joke now. I'm surprised Calvin Harris isn't there again. Then all the rubbish fillers and Tulisa on the main stage - laughable.

They need to replace LMFAO with a worldwide pop star like they are, they don't I will be pissed tbh

This is my first V and I really don't mind, I wanna see Ora, Lawson, Labrinth, maynard, Grimshaw, Minaj, Guetta, Tempah, Lock, Minchin and Angel with much more so I'm happy tbh

I liked waiting tbh, It was good anticipating, was happy with at least one from every announcement but Tulisa tbh

I was hoping for a good line-up in a non-Glasto year. It's OK, but lacks any depth of quality. I moaned about last years line-up a bit, but it was far stronger than this.

Reading/Leeds have hovered up all the indie/rock style bands this year though, so not suprising it's very heavy on pop. TBF R&L had a shocking line-up in 2011 themselves (probably saving their cash for a big 2012 line-up).

I swore I would never go back to V, after Glastonbury last year, purely because of the feel to the festival and the general horrible vibe at V. However I couldnt resist the headliners and subheadliners this year and for those 4 alone in my opinion are worth the ticket price. Everything else I get to see is a bonus

Previously I have been to Leeds which in terms of music provided for the same amount of money is much better and after music entertainment is also excellent.

The only downsides to Leeds is that is partly populated by bell-ends and the whole "let's set fire to crap" thing on the last day is horrible.

Edited by footix2