Where are the decent bands?

Guest eddiepolio

A wee bit disappointed that so far (Vaccines asided) the "Rock" is missing from Rockness. Over the last five years there has always been something pretty decent on the guitar front.

What do the think the chances would be of any of the following playing?

White Lies (please please please)

Franz Ferdinand

Kaiser Chiefs

feel free to add......

Bombay Bicycle Club and in particular The Maccabees are really good bands.

However, if you have been to any festival in 2012 you are likely to have seen the same sets as these two and Vaccines will play at Rockness.

I agree that there are is no outside of the box thinking.

Queens of the Stone Age and/or Jack White would have ticked that box, but it seems that Rockness have rested on their laurels so far.

Franz Ferdinand would also be a decent booking as its been a while since they played on a big stage.

I think all 3 might appear at T in the Park.

Plan B is a terrible headliner, if confirmed and will likely be, with those already announced the final nail in the coffin for any chance of my attendance at RN.

Edited by CraigI

As said on other threads am no Plan B fan and thought he was awful at Rockness a few years ago.

Went to see him headline Exit Festival last year and he smashed it.. was really surprised how good he was.

He will surprise you

Edited by Paul ™

There has only been two announcements, the bands will come. Of the three you named I wouldn't be surprised if one was announced (Alex from FF has said they arent playing T this year, not that it means anything... I wont say much on the other two :P ). Will have a better idea of what Rockness could get next week when T has their main announcement.

There has only been two announcements, the bands will come. Of the three you named I wouldn't be surprised if one was announced (Alex from FF has said they arent playing T this year, not that it means anything... I wont say much on the other two :P ). Will have a better idea of what Rockness could get next week when T has their main announcement.

Although i am really dance orientated theres a few bands i've seen before that are just amazing live and could definitely feature on the RN line-up. Most of these acts i wasn't really a big fan of before i seen them but their live shows have swayed me.

Editors, Hot Chip, White Lies, Bloc Party...

i've always fancied seeing Maximo Park or Metronomy but Metronomy played last years and i dunno about Maximo Park.

Although i am really dance orientated theres a few bands i've seen before that are just amazing live and could definitely feature on the RN line-up. Most of these acts i wasn't really a big fan of before i seen them but their live shows have swayed me.

Editors, Hot Chip, White Lies, Bloc Party...

i've always fancied seeing Maximo Park or Metronomy but Metronomy played last years and i dunno about Maximo Park.