The Chic Excitmenet Thread.

Guest BlackHole2006

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez. Looking at the collaborators list, there is no way that album won't be huge AND probably pretty damn good too.

Re: Jazz/Wor....I mean West Holts, I've not watched much in that field TBH but went to see Cee Lo last time round. The weather was fucking awful, wet windy and cold. Cee Lo was IMO, pretty w*nk (good songs but poor vocal performance). The atmosphere was however excellent. Welly raving going on everywhere, singing along at tops of voices, big smiles. Loved it.

i'd love if it was but as i've said before i'd find it kind of weird if Nile Rogers / Chic got to play the song live before Daft Punk had played it live. maybe that's not as big of an issue as i'm making it out to be but i would've thought that Daft Punk would've wanted to be the first ones to play these songs that they've been working tirelessly at live first

also seems like Pharrell does the lead vocals on it so unless he came on to do it i can't really see it working

sorry i'll go take my negativity and realness elsewhere...

i'd love if it was but as i've said before i'd find it kind of weird if Nile Rogers / Chic got to play the song live before Daft Punk had played it live. maybe that's not as big of an issue as i'm making it out to be but i would've thought that Daft Punk would've wanted to be the first ones to play these songs that they've been working tirelessly at live first

also seems like Pharrell does the lead vocals on it so unless he came on to do it i can't really see it working

sorry i'll go take my negativity and realness elsewhere...

For us older schoolers Nile Rogers was a facking genius back in his day and remains one, his track record in terms of both own tunes and productions of others' is incredible.

I can't wait for this gig and will definitely be there. Chic (feat. Nile) were brilliant at WOMAD (in 2009 I think), and they'll be even better at West Holts with a much bigger crowd going much more mental.

Edited by William of Walworth

What size crowd can we expect at this set. Never been at West Holts for a headliner. Was heading there for Cool and the Gang last time out but ended up in the naughty corner watching Molotov Jukebox with about 50 other people.

Reason I ask is that we will have our 9 month old with us so wonderring if there will be space for us to sneak in at the back of the field without the wagon getting in everyone elses way.