The Chic Excitmenet Thread.

Guest BlackHole2006

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah to be honest, despite everything i've said about 'Daft Punk should get to play it first and not Nile / Chic', now that Pharrell has done it the moment it was released to the public, Chic might well do it as well (although obviously it's easier for Pharrell as he just needed a backing track to sing over, whereas Chic don't have Pharrell to sing)

yeah to be honest, despite everything i've said about 'Daft Punk should get to play it first and not Nile / Chic', now that Pharrell has done it the moment it was released to the public, Chic might well do it as well (although obviously it's easier for Pharrell as he just needed a backing track to sing over, whereas Chic don't have Pharrell to sing)

the vocals are already recored by Nile Rogers. Put it this way the biggest crowd reaction at Coachella recently was when the video got played between bands.

probably not going to happen, my original point was that is not difficult to do.

they could make a video for the song to go with it.

If they do play it (which I still doubt somewhat), surely it will be a sort of 'cover' version with Chic participating and some member(s) of Chic performing Pharrell's part? Wouldn't expect any pre-recorded vocals or the robot sounding bit to even feature, just the riff and some cover-style vocals.

If they do play it (which I still doubt somewhat), surely it will be a sort of 'cover' version with Chic participating and some member(s) of Chic performing Pharrell's part? Wouldn't expect any pre-recorded vocals or the robot sounding bit to even feature, just the riff and some cover-style vocals.

maybe i'm giving Pharrell / his vocal talent too much credit as now, thinking about it, i can't see any reason why Nile / backing singers couldn't replicate Pharrell's parts. if they did play it it'd probably get the biggest response from the crowd (even amongst all those other hits) so it would be something quite special. but as i've said before, if they don't play it, i'm really not gonna notice

maybe i'm giving Pharrell / his vocal talent too much credit as now, thinking about it, i can't see any reason why Nile / backing singers couldn't replicate Pharrell's parts. if they did play it it'd probably get the biggest response from the crowd (even amongst all those other hits) so it would be something quite special. but as i've said before, if they don't play it, i'm really not gonna notice

purely because it's current / people maybe won't have expected it to be played / people will scream purely because Daft Punk have made some kind of appearance at the festival. everybody knows what you're getting in a Chic set so if they played Get Lucky it'd be the only real 'surprise'

If a snippet of a song by a cult dance act gets a better reaction than some of the other superior songs Rodgers has written I'll despair. I also hope the atmosphere doesn't get ruined by a load of obsessives/Radio 1 chart music fans showing up just because they think said cult dance act will be on and then leaving after a snippet has been played. See, the thread positivity is getting ruined by the obsessives....

If a snippet of a song by a cult dance act gets a better reaction than some of the other superior songs Rodgers has written I'll despair. I also hope the atmosphere doesn't get ruined by a load of obsessives/Radio 1 chart music fans showing up just because they think said cult dance act will be on and then leaving after a snippet has been played. See, the thread positivity is getting ruined by the obsessives....

Perhaps this should be in the confessions thread, but I've got a 10 day family holiday in france in about a month and some other stuff lined up before Glasto, but ALL I can think about is that Friday and this gig. Looking forward to it so so much.

*Don't tell the missus or I'll be in the shit*