The Chic Excitmenet Thread.

Guest BlackHole2006

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chic - Portishead clash is tearing me apart!

I ended 2011 with Kool and the Gang and it was without a doubt the most fun I've ever had at a gig, and Chic look like they're gonna hit the same level...

...but I have wanted to see Portishead for donkey's years...

Ahhhhhhhh, FREAK OUT!

the way I am looking at is this - it's Friday night, the start of the big weekend. Do I want dour Portishead (whom I love) to kick my weekend off, or do I want some disco and pop classics from the legendary Nile Rogers and Chic to get me moving and start the weekend off with a great vibe, good crowd and good old sing song?

No contest

Getting pretty obsessed with Nile Rodgers now, yesterday night I sat all my friends down and told him how much I was looking forward to his set at Glastonbury and how he literally owned half the 80's and sparked a whole new genre of music (Hip Hop).

I'm not missing this set for anything in the world baby.

the way I am looking at is this - it's Friday night, the start of the big weekend. Do I want dour Portishead (whom I love) to kick my weekend off, or do I want some disco and pop classics from the legendary Nile Rogers and Chic to get me moving and start the weekend off with a great vibe, good crowd and good old sing song?

No contest

this is pretty much how i made my mind up. i'm gonna have more energy on the Friday night (out of the music days, anyway) and i will definitely want to end it in the best of moods, jumping around and dancing my arse off, screaming along to songs and leaving with a giant smile on my face, probably still singing along with the crowd as we leave the stage. Chic will deliver this tenfold