The Chic Excitmenet Thread.

Guest BlackHole2006

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chic was always basically Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards, sadly Bernard is no longer with us. They had other regular vocalists and players including a young Luther Vandros who sang the male parts on many of the early hits. The numbers of records that they shifted in those years is staggering. Le Freak sold 5 million copies.

Edited by Joeskeppi

http://youtu.be/tBh8lgcVWXI

All of this is great, but from about 39 minutes, the version of Let's Dance is awesome. You can feel/hear that all the band are having a great time.

I'm so excited about this.

Everybody...Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh......FREAKOUT!

I knew that i shouldn't have looked at this thread! :( i am determined to go an see Portishead as i love that band and have not seen them live before, Chic was my original " must see " before Portishead were announced and all my gang will be going and lonely me on my tod at Portishead. I will not be deterred however. Personal note to myself , do not read this thread again.

Went to this club in Camden last Friday for this 80's cheese night, they played a few 80's cheese tracks and the usual shit club tracks that you hear in most clubs, then they played Get Lucky. The whole place went nuts and the atmosphere was amazing and I had a huge grin on my face. Nile is the man!

come on people, this thread was languishing on the 3rd page of threads

political arguments and pictures of food ahead of it ;-)

i have a lot of love in my heart for the arctics, gutted to be missing them, they will be aces

portishead are a band ive loved since they 1st hit the scene, they will be mean, moody and brilliant

but seriously, those of us that choose to frequent the jazzworld (west holts my arse) will be having the biggest P.A.R.T.Y in the vale on friday

also, have to say what a pleasure it is to drop into this thread now and again

so much positivity in here

take the feeling in here in 6 weeks time, multiply it by infinity, add nile rodgers, and we have the best party on the planet

#goodtimes

it looks like disco will be the sound of the summer. all the good vibes coming from the daft punk album has put nile rodgers and disco firmly back on the map and rightly so.

i think we'll need a bigger dance floor!

• 2 weeks later...