The Chic Excitmenet Thread.

Guest BlackHole2006

I too was at love saves sunday yesterday, whilst nile and the gang were as great as ever, the organisers had major sound problems, which delayed his set by 30mins and therefore cutting in half the time he had to play. Such a shame, luckily I know glasto will have the flawless setup the great man deserves!

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love Saves The Day allocated only 15 mins for the change over to Chic which was never going to work. So they started half an hour late with terrible initial sound and had to cut their set massively short. Shame, particularly as the rest of the event was great and very well organised.

What we did get from Chic though is making me look forward to the West Holts set even more.

Review just in from their Manchester Ritz show here.

Preview: pretty gushing:

From the moment the band came on stage, all dressed in white, and the first words Everybody Dance rang across the venue, we didn’t need a second invitation.

Hit after hit rained down on us including those Nile Rodgers worked on with the likes of Madonna, Diana Ross, Duran Duran, INXS and even Sheila B Devotion.

On record disco may appear a little lightweight. But live, with Rodgers’ distinctive guitar sound and those pounding basslines, it’s a whole new beast.

Add a brass section, two keyboards, a manic drummer and two female vocalists with real soul in their hearts and the end result was a knockout.

Have to say this is the most excited i've been for a band at Glasto ever!

Not even a big Chic fan but who can't get excited for so many great tunes.

It just seems like its going to be one large party!

Just hope lots of people go and see the monkeys to make it bearable!

I remember how busy Rolf got on the West Holts and it was a bit scary, there's just no where to go when its rammed!

Have to say this is the most excited i've been for a band at Glasto ever!

Not even a big Chic fan but who can't get excited for so many great tunes.

It just seems like its going to be one large party!

Just hope lots of people go and see the monkeys to make it bearable!

I remember how busy Rolf got on the West Holts and it was a bit scary, there's just no where to go when its rammed!

All depends on the mood I'm in really. Doing the shoulder bobbing dance with a load of other temporarily neutered adults while singing along in a shite falsetto to Upside Down by Diana Ross isn't exactly my idea of a good night out.

:ph34r: