The Chic Excitmenet Thread.

Guest BlackHole2006

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wee chic themed podcast from the club night I DJ at, not quite what you expect but still worth a listen ;p

https://soundcloud.com/djeuan/killer-kitsch-chic-ism-podcast

Plenty of options were on the table for the next podcast, almost did a Daft Punk collaborators one, but my heart really wanted to do something Chic related so from somewhere the idea of doing an entire podcast just made up of songs sampling, covering Chic songs was born. Thought it would be very easy as i glanced at a website showing me how many songs have sampled Chic, only problem was most of them only used short samples, so for the most part all of the songs here are entirely based on a sample or music from a Chic track.

I've been listening to Chic in the car whilst on hols in France. My 6 year old son is now singing all the hits and is hooked. Good for him.

Seriously giddy for this. I just hope I'm not over-egging my expectations.

Saw them Sunday in Dublin. Fun was had. Rodgers was in good form.

They drag a load of people up on stage for the last tune for a dance party, so if anyone is into that they should hang out near the front side of the stage I suppose.

They played all the hits and tunes one would expect and jammed a fair few into a medley. The crowd were very into it and there was dancing a smiles all round. It will be a great Friday Night gig in WH. Im just glad I got to do it before Glasto, so I can see Portishead guilt free.

As for the whole DP thing, they play RAM on the PA during sound check before hand (think it was Loose yourself to dance & Touch) and then at the end of the gig Get Lucky was blasted through the speakers with Rodgers encouraging the crowd to sing along. So as before they are not playing Get Lucky but playing it via the PA after the gig...........

Yep, that's a Firday night teeming with toe-tapping potential. Only doubt in my mind is the timings, I'd like to get a decent spot for Chic and Nile and although it's not a particularly long walk I may bail on Foals early. Or just go and watch Seasick Steve again.

Edited by kpins

Long time since theres been a performer so looked-forward-to, so beloved on the West Holts stage.

What a treat we have in store in 3 weeks. One to cherish.

Nile doesnt realise it yet, but I got news for him:

Lost In Music + We Are Family = The Glastonbury Spirit.

Edited by Wooderson

Long time since theres been a performer so looked-forward-to, so beloved on the West Holts stage.