The Chic Excitmenet Thread.

Guest BlackHole2006

ha! Tell me about it, everyone wanted to see Arctic Monkeys and I had to sit them down and tell them about how in 11 my ex wanted to see Queens of the Stone Age and so did I, BUT, I knew that I could see them anywhere, where as Kool and the Gang was going to be a real EXPERIENCE, as opposed to a gig.

Was definitely the right choice, as is Chic :D

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm in the process of trying to sway one of my friends to see Chic over Portishead (and he's trying to do the opposite to me). really hope i win. hopefully Portishead will start a bit before Chic so i can check that out for a bit, convince him it's not the best way to start Glastonbury and drag him to West Holt before Chic start

i'm in the process of trying to sway one of my friends to see Chic over Portishead (and he's trying to do the opposite to me). really hope i win. hopefully Portishead will start a bit before Chic so i can check that out for a bit, convince him it's not the best way to start Glastonbury and drag him to West Holt before Chic start

This was Bern's last concert with Chic. He was advised by doctors not to play but he was always a show must go on type of guy. He died in bed in the early hours following this performance. So sad. Nile gives a poignant account of the events in his book.

We lost the greatest bass player in the world that night.

Nile Rodgers is playing in Edinburgh tonight and tomorrow, but it's an odd 'performed piece' with spoken word sections and the man himself acting in an autobiographical tale of the history of Harlem.

Was toying with going but it's £30 a pop and I need a few nights off the sauce in prep for the G.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo