The Chic Excitmenet Thread.

Guest BlackHole2006

the best set of the festival for me. i would love to see a NILE RODGERS AND FRIENDS headliner set for the pyramid stage. with people like bowie and daft punk turning up. thats the only way you could top that west holts set.

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the best set of the festival for me. i would love to see a NILE RODGERS AND FRIENDS headliner set for the pyramid stage. with people like bowie and daft punk turning up. thats the only way you could top that west holts set.

My favourite set of this Glastonbury by a country mile and one of my favourite festival sets ever, if not THE best!

Great tune after great tune, tight band, awesome atmosphere. Non-stop dancing, singing & smiling for 90 minutes. Was right in amongst, front right of sound desk with a crowd of 7-8 and even those who weren't particularly bothered beforehand came away going 'oh my god!'

Won't forget that night in a long time. When Let's Dance dropped it felt like the whole world was doing just that.

Nile Rodgers is a living legend.

This is the highlight of a (vaguely) disappointing set for me. This girl - Kimberly Davies, can really sing, the other one (who permanently, it seems, wears the expression of one who has unexpectedly had something shoved up her arse) can not.

Edited by The Nal

The other singer - Falame? - was having a bit of an off night and made a hash of a couple of her lines, but otherwise let me be understood:

Chic were ruddy amazing! A clear highlight of the weekend, transforming West Holts into a disco inferno. I can understand Portishead being powerful in a different way, but I noone can say that one set was better than the other due to the difficulty of being in two places at once.

The other singer - Falame? - was having a bit of an off night and made a hash of a couple of her lines, but otherwise let me be understood:

Chic were ruddy amazing! A clear highlight of the weekend, transforming West Holts into a disco inferno. I can understand Portishead being powerful in a different way, but I noone can say that one set was better than the other due to the difficulty of being in two places at once.

I bet. I love the start of it, with the crowd clapping along to rebel rebel then going nuts when the lights come on. Makes me shiver thinking about what it must have been like to be there.

under pressure into life on mars might is also one of the best things I've got on record. Wonderful stuff.

Edited by The Nal

Yep. Life on Mars that night is possibly the best song I've ever seen live.

I remember everyone seeing the cameras and thinking "is he filming the tour DVD here?" so everyone was well up for it before he even came on stage.

Apart from Jacko, I haven't been to a gig where I've been in awe of such a "star". He was like a bright beacon on stage. Couldn't take your eyes off him. So much charisma.

Wacko's unashamed relentless paedophilia sort of takes the shine off his gig for me mind you. He mimed most of it too. The c**t.

Let's Dance was a real moment. I didn't stop beaming from ear to ear during Chic's set :) Still can't decide if them or the Stones was my second favourite performance of the festival.

I noticed that Nile Rodgers tweeted a video of the Let's Dance performance to Bowie t'other day. Maybe it will inspire him out of retirement? Please please please

Let's Dance was a real moment. I didn't stop beaming from ear to ear during Chic's set :) Still can't decide if them or the Stones was my second favourite performance of the festival.

I noticed that Nile Rodgers tweeted a video of the Let's Dance performance to Bowie t'other day. Maybe it will inspire him out of retirement? Please please please

Yes Let's Dance was amazing, I knew it was coming cause I saw how they introduced it on youtube and it was the same thing, my mates didn't though and they were wandering why I was so excited all of a sudden and when it came on it was an unbeatable moment.

We can only hope that bowie is back at Glastonbury next year!