The Chic Excitmenet Thread.

Guest BlackHole2006

Maybe we should start a support group:

I too have seen Chic 3 times, they're great, I want to see them again. Daughter wants to see (rather than CHIC after totally not getting them at WOMAD).... Arctic Monkeys .....urgh, bloody sulky UK art student music.... :rolleyes:

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chic are perfectly placed for Friday night, an amazing party atmosphere on the first proper night when everyone has energy to dance dance dance (yowsah, yowsah, yowsah). Move Portishead to the Sunday.

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan i had better get tickets in the resale, only just checked the lineup today (as i didnt get tickets in the first sale) and DAMN...i cannot miss Chic at Glasto. Best stage, best night of the festival and one of the seminal producers of our time!

I love Portishead dont get me wrong, i was 13 when dummy came out and i used to play that album constantly...but Chic will be pure vibes...no contest

i'm fully bopping along to that gig somebody posted up at the mo...EPIC

Also getting into Chic has also made me get into other Disco bands, for those of you that haven't check out Dimitri From Paris on Spotify, his underground Disco compilations are pukka, I highly recommend the Cocktail Disco compilation and the Get Down With The Philly Sound one too, it can get a bit repetitive at times, but by golly the grooves are just solid. Listen to Starflight by The Band That Fell From Earth, 17 minutes, 3 breakdowns, it doesn't get much better than that in terms of production and musicianship.

If its classic untainted disco youre after check out the Disco Discharge series of albums. That guy knows how to seek out rarities and underground classics. Bette Midler - Knight In Black Leather anybody?