The Chic Excitmenet Thread.

Guest BlackHole2006

Great shout, completely forgot that AWB would have been classed as Disco, my love for them has been re-ignited. It's a shame that Spotify doesn't have the full albums though (Spotify is the only way I listen to music as I am a poor student). it's only a about 10 tracks per album, ah well, still good to scout out some forgotten classics.

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a quick look and didn't see that anyone had done this already. Here is a spotify playlist based on the set they did at Galway Arts Fest in July 2012. The Rockness setlist from the same year is a bit shorter, but has the same songs. I've gone for the longer version as they are headlining.

Chic Playlist

Probably pretty representative of what they will play Chic has been used where possible, live where possible. Best known artists versions where I can't find a Chic one on Spotify.

Really looking forward to Friday night!

I used to be the only Disco chick out of my group of friends but that changed after I dragged them to see Gwen Dickey in the big dance tent in 2004 (I think)

Instant converts, mainly amongst the men it must be said :)

Earth Wind and Fire were amazing at Bestival last year I thought, saw tons of youngsters grooving away, was lovely

Also saw Chic at Bestival a few years ago, absolutely unreal but the crowd were a bit nonplussed

Edited by sonny

Just saw on the Nile Rodgers facebook page pictures of him rehearsing with Sting and Eric Clapton, wander if he'll bring these to Glasto? (hopefully not Sting).

P.S I checked out both of your Ibiza mixes on mixcloud Denz, great stuff, love funky house. Planning on doing a few mixes myself and at the moment I'm teaching myself how to beatmap etc. and it's a lot harder than it seems.

Just saw on the Nile Rodgers facebook page pictures of him rehearsing with Sting and Eric Clapton, wander if he'll bring these to Glasto? (hopefully not Sting).

P.S I checked out both of your Ibiza mixes on mixcloud Denz, great stuff, love funky house. Planning on doing a few mixes myself and at the moment I'm teaching myself how to beatmap etc. and it's a lot harder than it seems.

I used to be the only Disco chick out of my group of friends but that changed after I dragged them to see Gwen Dickey in the big dance tent in 2004 (I think)

Instant converts, mainly amongst the men it must be said :)

Earth Wind and Fire were amazing at Bestival last year I thought, saw tons of youngsters grooving away, was lovely

Also saw Chic at Bestival a few years ago, absolutely unreal but the crowd were a bit nonplussed

Love love love larry, rip

We've stayed at the former owner/money of the paradise garages b&b in NYC

A really good read is his book my life and the paradise garage by mel cheren, it is the early days of that era, with all the dis and excesses, thoroughly recommend it, it's funny, heartbreaking heartwarming and interesting

I think we have all had or been to a paradise garage

I had a quick look and didn't see that anyone had done this already. Here is a spotify playlist based on the set they did at Galway Arts Fest in July 2012. The Rockness setlist from the same year is a bit shorter, but has the same songs. I've gone for the longer version as they are headlining.

Chic Playlist

Probably pretty representative of what they will play Chic has been used where possible, live where possible. Best known artists versions where I can't find a Chic one on Spotify.

Really looking forward to Friday night!