What's the funniest thing you've heard a Glastonbury virgin ask?

Guest Who2002uk

I am a newb and I have a seemingly daft question to ask you , the acoustic tent yeah will all the bands be playing acoustic sets in there ? I want to go and see the Zac Brown band who have been announced for the acoustic tent and they sound great from the youtube videos i have seen and do a sweet enter sandman cover but it wouldn't be the same without the full electic guitars etc

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a newb and I have a seemingly daft question to ask you , the acoustic tent yeah will all the bands be playing acoustic sets in there ? I want to go and see the Zac Brown band who have been announced for the acoustic tent and they sound great from the youtube videos i have seen and do a sweet enter sandman cover but it wouldn't be the same without the full electic guitars etc

Edited by whisty

It has got 24hr cashpoints (which are FREE, unlike the ones around the rest of the site) it always used to have counters - you could queue up and cash a cheque (yes, I know... HOW old skool!) between 9am and 3.30pm on the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and on Saturday morning. Maybe they got rid of those?

Remember a few years ago (2007 I think) and Marcus Brigstock did a huge skit about some double-barrelled nice-but-dim Tory kid going to his first Glastonbury?

It was full of great moments, but my favourite was when he was tired having cycled all the way there (on the back seat of a tandem).

"I just can't wait to get in there, have a bath..."

Daughter's friend .... "It's OK you'll find our tent..... we'll put a flag up so you can see it"

and from one of my GP wife's helicoptered in and out Winding Lake patients when she asked him what he had seen at Glasto - he said the Pyramid stage .... she then asked what he had seen the other side of the railway line and he genuinely said "What railway line?" He'd managed to go to Glasto and yet not actually see anything!

I knew it, but i've never been there. And i tend to bring cash with me as well, dont fancy queing for 3/4 of an hour to be charged for the privalige of getting my own money. I guess its there for if you loose your card etc

10 of my brothers mates went in 2011, all for the first time, bumped into a few of them about a week later in one of our local pub...they are free party loving wreckheads so i presumed they'd spent all their time loaded up on drugs in the naughty corner.

me ' you enjoy shangri-la, arcadia etc then?

<blank looks>

I then explain what it was, and then asked what they did each night after the main stages had finished.

'oh we went back to the campsite, sniffed coke all night and drank our beers, we thought it was like V festival and just finished at 12'

(they'd all gone to V 2011 inc my brother as their first festival)

how the fuck do people like this get tickets!!!

my brother is goign with them this year, and i linked them all to videos of the naughty corner, safe to say they'll be a bit more prepped this year!!

Not really a newbie thing, but I remember getting back from 2009 where I saw virtually nothing on the Pyramid stage and a work colleague conversation went: -

Her - "How was Neil Young?"

Me - "Didn't watch him, not a big fan."

"What about Springsteen?"

"Didn't watch that either"

"So did you just sit in your tent?"

"Hell NO!"

"So what else is there to do then?"

Me - *blank stare*