Have your own personalised Glastonbury bin!

nightcrawler13

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back, in one piece, with working technology again!

I apologize to all the people who didn't get their replies in time, but someone stole my external battery which meant my camera died early on and my phone died every night as the sun wasn't good enough for the solar panel to work a lot of the time!

I will post the photos of the ones I have shortly, just need to set up a flickr account to link to my website which should be done in a day or two after I sort out my new job, new housemate and a months worth of washing!

Thank you so much to everyone who supported me, I'll be doing it again next year with better tech and maybe some more rules around what is appropriate to put on a bin, some things ended up being far too complicated for a £5 donation ;)

A few of you stopped me around site and thanked me with drinks, drugs or hugs... let's keep that tradition up :D

I got an email from the charity who are extremely grateful, so again, well done to all of us, we did something wonderful :)

Thank you Dan - it was an awesome idea. If I had seen you I would too have cuddles you and bought you a pint. My friends were just too excited to know about their bins and I could show them pictures of 3 out of the 4

We found the first one in the market place within 20 minutes of being on site, but didn't find any of the others unfortunately, despite searching. We even walked around for a few hours on Monday morning searching again but no luck

brilliant idea, and great idea to have more 'rules' next year. I could take a weeks holiday next year pre festival to do your admin for you and send everyone their photo;s/bin positions (in exchange for a ticket ) :-) - sure you need an Admin Angel ;-)

Thanks Dan. I didn't get a photo but did find my bin in the market on the Wednesday although by Saturday it had disappeared!!. Luckily we'd taken a photo.

Great job. Thanks again.

Edited by Ommadawn

Thanks Dan - our Llama bin was ace! In looking for it on site it made me take a closer look at the bins and appreciate the work that goes into them, there were some great pictures. Will definitely be up for sponsoring you to paint a bin for us again next year if you can face it!

Here are the photos

As I mentioned, someone stole my external battery charger (amongst other things) on the first day which meant my camera died and I didn't get photos of all of them. My phone broke as well, which means the photos I took on my phone are gone as well :(

Hakuna Matata though right?

Thank you so much for your understanding, your support and for making this my favourite ever year at the greatest place in the world :D

Despite looking at every bin we passed, didn't manage to find my son's, but did get the picture on twitter. It was a fantastic idea for a great cause and hope you raised lots and lots of money! Slightly disappointed not to see you dressed as the messiah as would have said "hello". Thinking about next years already!

Here are the photos

As I mentioned, someone stole my external battery charger (amongst other things) on the first day which meant my camera died and I didn't get photos of all of them. My phone broke as well, which means the photos I took on my phone are gone as well :(

Hakuna Matata though right?

Thank you so much for your understanding, your support and for making this my favourite ever year at the greatest place in the world :D

My tower bridge bin looks fantastic thanks. Can you tell me where it was please as we looked all over for it. Thank you again

My tower bridge bin looks fantastic thanks. Can you tell me where it was please as we looked all over for it. Thank you again

it was nearish to the cider bus, but the thing is that some bins will just get picked up and moved to somewhere else on site, so one day it's there and the next it's on the other side of the site :P