2014 Headliner predictions

Guest Matt87

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear god no wonder I don't come on this board much anymore. Anyway my ideal headliners, for this year, would be something like:

Pixies (Other stage), Fleetwood Mac and Arcade Fire.

Which doesn't seem so far fetched so I'm pretty happy. Although Kasabian, Depeche Mode or Elbow would all also make me happy so looks like it is possibly going to be a good year for headliners again. Getting ridiculously excited over Glasto already and I haven't even got a ticket. Plus we're like 9 months away from the fest.

Dear god no wonder I don't come on this board much anymore. Anyway my ideal headliners, for this year, would be something like:

Which doesn't seem so far fetched so I'm pretty happy. Although Kasabian, Depeche Mode or Elbow would all also make me happy so looks like it is possibly going to be a good year for headliners again. Getting ridiculously excited over Glasto already and I haven't even got a ticket. Plus we're like 9 months away from the fest.

Ah, so your whole it's crap I said no such thing was bullshit.

No. I leave the bullshit to you - as you've just proven again with that line.

Really, give it a rest. Before I again make you give it a rest.

It gets very very boring for you to continually try to give your ever-changing "predictions" guesses some credibility by throwing in my name.

Does anyone think we will have an anoucement this week prior to T day.

I can't remember if we heard about the arctics before the day or not or what happened in prior years

Any thoughts efests???

there's not been a Glastonbury line-up announcement before an October sale. The nearest thing to it was a very heavy hint by U2 for the year they ended up cancelling.

Arctics for this year only became "known" after efests put them to a TBC (in around Feb or March) - before which while some people speculated about them they did so with no certainty, and after which just about every media outlet talked of them as a certainty.

I very much doubt they'll be anything solid, tho there might be some suggestive words from Eavis as there was last year about the Rolling Taxdodgers.

I reckon you'll be getting 2 out of those three.

No. I leave the bullshit to you - as you've just proven again with that line.

Really, give it a rest. Before I again make you give it a rest.

It gets very very boring for you to continually try to give your ever-changing "predictions" guesses some credibility by throwing in my name.

Edited by thewayiam

Cant see Elbow back and subbing again so soon.

Kasabian

Fleetwood Mac

Elbow

sounds about right.

So many subs possible. I wouldnt be suprised at someone like NGHGB being a sub for Kasabian and Kylie (apparently a new album?) Does sound feasible for Fleetwood Mac.

People like Ed Sheeran, Example, HAIM, The 1975, Miles Kane, Lilly Allen will all apear no doubt on the pyramid stage

They've got to be one of Britain's best live bands, if not the best. Tight as a gnat's arse, they switch it up all the way through, provide such a rich and varied sounds throughout the performance that it's exciting all the way through, like every song is the opener. And they don't just play hits for people to dance to, they love to play hits for people to dance to, there's this injection of sheer joy into the way they play, which washes out over the crowd. If Eavis had the nads to put a smaller act as a headliner one year, then he need look no further than these, they'd light the Pyramid field on fire.