2014 Headliner predictions

Guest Matt87

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a word (or a few), yes both sides have burnt bridges.

It has been explained a few times on here I believe.

Something about the band wanting to play a couple of years back (2004?) but Eavis not booking them and saying they were shite despite having them headline three times. Couldn't have been that bad eh?

Then in 2009 ish Robert Smith had a small jab at Emily Eavis in an interview about the whole fiasco.

Considering The Cure sound the best they ever have done in a live setting (judging by their Lollapalooza webcast) I guess they are possible but fairly unlikely because of the politics.

I just saw an interview where Melvin Benn says he has 2/3 headliners signed up for R and L already..... Says that they are British/American and that they are bands.... Possibly with members from both countries in the line up.

Makes me wonder if Fleetwood haven't elected to take the ££££ and gone with R and L instead of Glasters!

Interview is on nme.com (I know they are shit but hey, I apologise) for anyone interested.

Well, Emily has told the NME that she's close to securing the first two headliners and they're considering options on the third. So apparently none are in fact booked yet and it suggests they don't come with the criteria of never having played or never having headlined before.

Edited by dentalplan