2014 Headliner predictions

Guest Matt87

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why i fret over this :lol: I've seen 3 headliners on the Pyramid in 3 years of going....

Who cares! We're going to Glastonbury, i think the idea of not knowing anything so far is very exciting.

I don't think we had a clue at all last year either did we? I know we were guessing right up to the announcement on the final headliner, and we got Arctics in like Feb, it's exciting!

I think we all know FM are a dead cert. I can see Kasabian being there too... I've seen them headline at V and Reading and both times they were really good, and they have made it clear they want to do it.

As for the third headliner... I don't mind. I kinda hope it's someone I don't know much of, as it gives me a reason to try out some new music!

I just really hope that they put the "big" headliner on the Sunday this year. Having the Stones on the Saturday last year almost felt like the festival reached its peak too early, and Mumford and Sons (as good as they were) were a bit disappointing as a closer. I prefer a big "finale" like we had in 2010 with Stevie Wonder.

I saw Kasabian at leeds fest and v headlining in previous years, each time due to lack of alternatives. I do like them and am by no means a music snob at all, but have absolutely no idea how they've conned their way to headline status. Frontman who is genuinely annoying (i rarely say that), a fair few boring songs and Fire is to me ridiculously overrated rubbish. At festivals, so many don't know LSF anymore which is such a shame so the atmosphere is only really there for one or two songs nowadays

They are a cracking sub band, like snow patrol or elbow, but i just don't see them as a headliner and no headline sets I've seen show me otherwise.

Edited by efcfanwirral

I like Kasabian, but they are such an easy and lazy booking regardless of never headlining before. They're literally laying on a bed with their legs spread waiting for Michael Eavis to come in. Maybe in 2015/2016 with a new album they'd be a good headliner, but not next year.

Really want to know the substance behind this now!

edit: As well as Prince and Oasis?! Maybe these rumors are down to general chat and the bookies rather than information. Or are the music gods trying to give me a breakdown.

there's rumours going round. Haven't you stumbled across them? If not, try googling.

Stuff that gets put in as just 'rumour' is stuff that's out there that we can't discount.