2014 Headliner predictions

Guest Matt87

Can't see oasis doing it at all unless there's a massive surprise of an album on the way. They were dreadful last time they played - any buzz there was from the crowd. Their heart wasn't in it. Would surprise me if they are in any rush to have them back

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In an industry where new headliners are becoming harder to find, it really is Arcade Fire's time to step up. I just hope the Eavis' can see that. The Leeds/Reading 2010 performances proved they are more than capable.

Arcade Fire - Daft Punk (?) - Fleetwood Mac

Edited by Lubic87

We'll fleetwood mac are basically nailed on now so it's down to 2 to choose. Depeche mode and pearl jam. Or foo fighters. And prince. Or the stone roses. Oh shit I dunno, whatever. Probably best to have at least one shit headliner to clash with the 'other' headliner (pixies)

Oasis - Nah

DM - They've been touring for ages. I reckon that Eavis wants them, they've talked and agreed. But they're probably sick of being on the road/together and will look to knock it all on the head as soon as possible. DEpends more than anyone else on how they're feeling in November/December this year.

FM - Yeah, can see that. Not my bag, but those shows the other week in the UK seemed to go well.

Arcade Fire - Nope, headlining the Other, or subbing the Pyramid

I can see Elton John happening. That seems pretty feasible.

I can't believe people think that they'll be the headliners

while I don't know if Elbow will headline or not, I'll just point out that huge numbers of people were saying exactly the same thing about Muse headlining before they headlined.

Sometimes a band has to headline before people are able to accept they're more than able to headline.

Edited by eFestivals

I can see it being any out of the four of Elbow, FM, Justin Timberlake and Arcade Fire. They all seem a lot more realistic, all haven't headlined before (so will fit interpretation of ME who said all 3 haven't played meaning to be headlined) and they all are planning to tour or are touring over the next several months. Suggestions of Bowie, AC/DC, Prince, Oasis etc will be amazing if they happened but a little unrealistic.

while I don't know if Elbow will headline or not, I'll just point out that huge numbers of people were saying exactly the same thing about Muse headlining before they headlined.

Sometimes a band has to headline before people are able to accept they're more than able to headline.

Were Muse having shite ticket sales for an arena tour before they headlined?

You're not comparing like with like tho.

Muse were an up-and-coming band who were trying to break into the (very) big-time.

Elbow are an established band with a special place in the festival's heart. That might sound like corny words to use about Elbow, but some bands do have a special status (that's rather difficult to articulate).

Just to be clear, I'm no massive Elbow fan (tho I don't dislike them). I'm merely saying it how I see it.

You're not comparing like with like tho.

Muse were an up-and-coming band who were trying to break into the (very) big-time.

Elbow are an established band with a special place in the festival's heart. That might sound like corny words to use about Elbow, but some bands do have a special status (that's rather difficult to articulate).

Just to be clear, I'm no massive Elbow fan (tho I don't dislike them). I'm merely saying it how I see it.

people seem to forget just how long elbow have been around too, they had 3 albums out before seldon seen kid, and had pretty decent slots at glastonbury a couple of times before that album was made

you cant compare them to mumfords/muse(2004) etc.

I dont feel that excited by them as a headliner, but fair play to them if they get it. Rather them than killers/kings of leon or somesuch

people seem to forget just how long elbow have been around too, they had 3 albums out before seldon seen kid, and had pretty decent slots at glastonbury a couple of times before that album was made

I dont feel that excited by them as a headliner, but fair play to them if they get it. Rather them than killers/kings of leon or somesuch

Guy Garvey is the ultimate nice guy of music. If anyone in this life deserves to make it big, it's him. Elbow bored me shitless during their set at T in the Park 2012, but the thing that kept me going was his enthusiasm. He seemed to genuinely care about what was going on, constantly pointing out sections of the crowd, doing bloody one on ones (!!!) and the look of genuine surprise on his face at the reception the band were getting was a real joy.