2014 Headliner predictions

Guest Matt87

Balls , Dm are way big enough. They may not be at thier zenith is terms of commercial popularity but Neither Are Fleetwood Mac , Or Prince.

I'm not going to compare them the the legend that is Bowie , but even he has only released one album in 10 years . Depeche mode have realeased 3 successful albums and toured globally the same number of times in the last decade. Not that I'm biased , I'd be happy for Either of them to play, I'm a huge fan of both.

Edited by simonizer

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I go to Glastonbury, the less fucks I give about who plays hhaha

Saying that I do like it when there is one Pyramid headliner I want to see and Fleetwood Mac would do that for me.

In regards to Depeche Mode; I couldn't name one of their songs, put on the greatest hits I would know most of them. They are one of those bands, and although opinion seems split, they are certainly big enough to headline. They were the supposed 'Fourth' headliner a few years back (Regardless of what Neil says I remember a few blatant hint after it didn't come off it was them - also that they didn't play because they didn't think the other bands booked would bring in the right crowd for them)So the Eavii seem to think they are of the right size too.

A one-off Oasis reuinion would at least match that, IMO.

What I think is most off-putting about the potential FM, DM, Elbow headline lineup is that there's no real variation of audience there.

Look at this year, you have your big band in The Stones... Then you've got your modern act in Arctic Monkeys... Then your "WTF?" band that is like Marmite in Mumford and Sons.

Whereas the 3 big rumours are sorta all for the mums and dads, I'd say... Would just hope they'd even it out on the Other Stage for the younger generation. Something like Noel Gallagher, Tinie Tempah and The Vaccines (Not necessarily saying them as predictions, but just to make an example of the acts that I think should be there.)

Eminem has been mention as a controversial one on a few posts and ivr seen it in a fee stories in the web about rumours. Anyway he's just released new material. Jus listened to 2 of his songs. And the music for them is all drums and electric guitars. Also one of the videos is made up of snippets of 80's rock videos

I'm honestly at the point where I don't even recognise that Oasis have split up. Because the shite being made by Beady Eye sounds exactly like what I'd expect Oasis to be making at this stage of their careers.

Call me in 25 years when I might be excited by the thought of hearing Wonderwall again.

Edited by Alcatraz

I dont know about other people 30 years or younger. But stones do nothing for me. When it got announced last time i was kind of glad i didnt get a ticket. Maybe its jus my age. Or maybe ignorance. But i could only mention satisfaction and paint it black. First because i think it was on a advert. And the 2nd because David Essex did a version and my dad is a die hard fan.

Unless Bowie or Led Zep play then nothing will come close to the Rolling Stones in terms of headlining. Oasis wouldn't even be near. XFM have supposedly postulated a Kinks reunion, that would be up there as well, but not Oasis - even as a one off.

Of course this is a completely bigoted view based on my own opinions and nothing more. A lot have argued whether Depeche Mode are big enough but it's all down to a person's own preference. Depeche Mode aren't my cup of tea but have sold millions of records. So have Sade, yet before last year I'd never heard of them!

A one-off Oasis reuinion would at least match that, IMO.

What I think is most off-putting about the potential FM, DM, Elbow headline lineup is that there's no real variation of audience there.

Look at this year, you have your big band in The Stones... Then you've got your modern act in Arctic Monkeys... Then your "WTF?" band that is like Marmite in Mumford and Sons.

Whereas the 3 big rumours are sorta all for the mums and dads, I'd say... Would just hope they'd even it out on the Other Stage for the younger generation. Something like Noel Gallagher, Tinie Tempah and The Vaccines (Not necessarily saying them as predictions, but just to make an example of the acts that I think should be there.)

Oh, THAT'S Depeche Mode!? Yes, I do know them then... They're not my cup of tea, really... They seem like stuff my mum listened to then, haha

But yeah, I do know them... And I don't want them to headline haha.

That "I Just Can't Get Enough" tune is done better by football crowds as well... Not all that synth stuff... It's like Bastille of the 80s.

And for future reference, I'm 19.

Edited by Ronny