2014 Headliner predictions

Guest Matt87

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wonder where all this Oasis stuff is coming from. i really didn't think they were even a slight possibility. they only split four years ago! give them some time to be missed (if that's even a possibility). gathered with the fact that their last Glastonbury headline slot is remembered more for Liam's ridiculous white coat than the performance itself

i'd say it's coming from the bookies.

There's a lot of Oasis fans - and they'd be the ones making the bets. And the bookies odds don't show them as very likely in the bookies eyes, but good enough odds to sucker some mug Oasis fans.

If a bookie is offering anything better than double then you KNOW that they don't think there's a chance in hell.

Saw Oasis at Main Road 95, GMEX 97, The Reebok 2000, The Etihad 2004 & Heaton Park in 2009. The first 3 of those are amazing gigs. The last one was a great nostalgia trip, but the last time I'd ever see the gallaghers together.

If liam was on I wouldnt watch him. His voice has been shot since 2001 ish and now it is a complete mess.

Noel however I saw at manchester apollo promoting the high flying birds album and was superb.

if he did a slot on a sunday afternoon, playing the oasis stuff and his own, it would be a highlight of the festival. I think he would feel "sunday legend" is beneath him though.

Definitely maybe is a classic album: Rock n roll star, supersonic and Cigarettes and Alcohol are 3 amazing tunes. C+A is a great piece of social commentary. Slide Away wasn't even a single.

Whats the story is a classic, but after that it was very average, with the odd bit of quality mixed in with the average a guff stuff.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

They were the supposed 'Fourth' headliner a few years back (Regardless of what Neil says I remember a few blatant hint after it didn't come off it was them - also that they didn't play because they didn't think the other bands booked would bring in the right crowd for them)So the Eavii seem to think they are of the right size too.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're 100% wrong.

You've told me that loads of times!

Either I have created all of that stuff in my head or you said it and later deleted the thread haha

in your head.

(I've never revealed who the 4th was on here)

But is does seem that DM are likely this year, no?

I honestly don't know. I know convos were had about it and a loose agreement was made. Whether that comes to fruition is another thing, and i've already had some bits and pieces which suggests it's not happening.

Having said that, Michael's comment about "the biggest bands" certainly puts them a decent possibility in my mind. While they might not have got as big in the UK as they did in much of the rest of the world, they can't really be excluded as not fitting those words of Michael's.

Edited by eFestivals

Gone for a mixture of realism and hope for headliners of the Pyramid/Other/WestHolts

Pyramid - Arcade Fire -- Daft Punk -- Fleetwood Mac

Other - Moby -- Pixies -- Sigur Ros

WestHolts - Ice Cub -- M.I.A -- Earth, Wind & Fire

Rushed off the top of my head like but wouldn't mind something like that at all, maybe a bit too much wishful thinking

Gone for a mixture of realism and hope for headliners of the Pyramid/Other/WestHolts

Pyramid - Arcade Fire -- Daft Punk -- Fleetwood Mac

Other - Moby -- Pixies -- Sigur Ros

WestHolts - Ice Cub -- M.I.A -- Earth, Wind & Fire

Rushed off the top of my head like but wouldn't mind something like that at all, maybe a bit too much wishful thinking