2014 Headliner predictions

Guest Matt87

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil after digging said that Arcade Fire were the replacements for Fleetwood Mac.

And if his source is true, Fleetwood Mac, Led Zep, Prince were lined up.

If both Fleetwood and Led Zep are no no's due to... it just not happening.

Arcade Fire

Kasabian

Prince

Is what i'l put my money on :P

I remember emily said in an orange magazine (was it?) last year on the run up to 2013 that Prince had changed his mind about the festival and wanted to play?

Would be a solid three, must admit.

Id much prefer kanye if he did a set like he did at coachella the other year. Still had a stage production but was much moee stripped back than his current ego trip, just seemed a much more intense show and was actually about the music. The current tour just seems more stage show than concert.

Neil after digging said that Arcade Fire were the replacements for Fleetwood Mac.

And if his source is true, Fleetwood Mac, Led Zep, Prince were lined up.

If both Fleetwood and Led Zep are no no's due to... it just not happening.

Arcade Fire

Kasabian

Prince

Is what i'l put my money on :P

I remember emily said in an orange magazine (was it?) last year on the run up to 2013 that Prince had changed his mind about the festival and wanted to play?

Would be a solid three, must admit.

Edited by jonodillieono

i can't believe that Fleetwood Mac, Led Zep and Prince were ever all booked to headline together. most festivals would kill to just have one of those at the top, never mind all three. i mean, where do you go after you've had those three as headliners? any other set of headliners ever would look shit

Arcade Fire, Kasabian and Prince would be a pretty decent set of headliners. two acts that i'd absolutely love to see and one i couldn't give a fuck about. the perfect mix

So.. have taken a month or so off the forums and seem to have missed a bit. Can someone summarise for me? AF a definite and FM out of the picture? How come?

Other stuff I seem to pick up is that Led Zep were rumoured but I can only assume that is utter bollocks, believed because people want it to happen. If it happens, I'll eat my hat.

Anyway, Kanye and KAsabian aren't big draws for me. So I'm going to start banging the "I'll go somewhere better that's not pyramid" drum.

So.. have taken a month or so off the forums and seem to have missed a bit. Can someone summarise for me? AF a definite and FM out of the picture? How come?

Other stuff I seem to pick up is that Led Zep were rumoured but I can only assume that is utter bollocks, believed because people want it to happen. If it happens, I'll eat my hat.

Anyway, Kanye and KAsabian aren't big draws for me. So I'm going to start banging the "I'll go somewhere better that's not pyramid" drum.

Arcade Fire confirmed, people still not really sure on the Fleetwood Mac front (assumed it was off because of illness but who knows?)

Neil had info that the headliners were Fleetwood Mac, Led Zep and Prince but Fleetwood Mac had dropped out and been replaced with Arcade Fire (and also that Radiohead were up for doing it if Led Zep didn't pan out) - all far too good to be true

so basically, we have Arcade Fire, and now it seems like Kasabian might in the bag also, and the third could be anybody's guess

Led Zep won't have provisionally agreed then 'dropped out' if they were never doing it in the first place - so no you can't really take that AF/FM, Prince, Led Zep thing seriously enough to maybe think that Prince is 'still in'. Plus I definitely think Depeche Mode were initially playing too.

Neil has had rumours of FM dropping out but we were discussing them as potentially dropping out probably before that so it could easily be a jump to conclusion. I still reckon they're in along with AF and Kasabian.

Would Fleetwood Mac be a Sunday night headliner?

Edited by dentalplan