2014 Headliner predictions

Guest Matt87

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really would not be arsed with Kasabian at all, such a terrible band if you ask me and just as bad a choice as Mumford & Sons (I know the stand by story thing but you see what I mean). I'd definitely be elsewhere for Kasabian and probably Prince, unless he promised to play 'I would die 4 u'.

Kasabian???? Thank the **** there are plenty of other stages to chose from.

Can't stand them - and am also biased by the absolute wa***** sh*** of a mosh crowd I found myself in the middle of when they were last on the Pyramid whilst I was waiting for Bruce S - Effectively they pushed, shoved, punched and kicked me out of a good spot I had!!

Thing with Kasabian is that they are just a very neutral, bread and butter type of headliner

They won't be amazing but they certainly won't be bad either.

I have always been an armchair fan, saw them at Reading 2012 and i wasn't blown away but they certainly were entertaining.

I think if they were booked for Glasto 2014 they wouldn't exactly be an awe inspiring headliner, just a very safe bet with a lot of neutral fans that would go along.

I don't think anyone should complain because as people have said, there will be decent alternatives, and because they are one of the biggest British festival bands of the past 4 or 5 years, it is sort of inevitable that this happens one day

Never really worth thinking about who replaced who and what not. There's never usually any concrete proof of it, just like when Mumfords were apparently a replacement for someone this year.

I thought Eavis would have had something agreed provisionally with Fleetwood Mac where they could find out by the time around announcement period whether he'd be right to go for it or not. Seems not to be the case I suppose.

Where was Prince hinted? I think I must have missed it.

i can't see Arcade Fire and Radiohead ever headlining the festival the same year - both a bit too hipster / cult and probably cater to exactly the same type of people, and whilst i'd love it, i think a lot of people would have the same view as you - depressing

edit: but then again, if both bands were available i doubt the Eavi would turn them down

Edited by FloorFiller

i don't have twitter so have no idea about this but i'm surprised this hasn't been brought up more often as a sign that he's playing if it's true? quite a big hint/nod, really, especially as the festival never really does hints (just Eavis slipping up most of the time)

I'm quite happy with Kasabian headlining. Selfishly because it will help me in the resale and practically because they'll be up against Pixies (they have to be!) and help me avoid a clash of woeful proportions.

Give em a go I say. It seems like they have to do it sooner or later and the other stages are bound to have a decent alternative.

If it is Kasabian though, I'd rather they announced it sooner rather than later. No sense in letting the anticipation build up for that one.

Nail on the head about Kasabian there. Never going give you that special moment that gives you goose bumps just thinking about it but you do you know your getting a sold headline band.

RE Price Rumour: Wasn't there some sort of purple light from the Tor that people were mentioning ? :P The festival's "purple rain" tweet could have been for that or it was all a really elaborate hint!

Arcade Fire - Kasabian - Prince - ABBA would be just fantastic, (if we really can't have Led Zep. that is).

There was definitely something because I was up at the Park Stage at the time as everyone was getting v excited and saying that there was going to be a surprise set by Prince because of it. When the set didn't materialise, we were all saying it must be a clue for 2014.

That being said I've just scrolled back through the official Glasto twitter timeline and the aforementioned tweet is no longer there...