2014 Headliner predictions

Guest Matt87

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say Kasabian are frontrunners at the moment solely because they have a UK date the Saturday before.

IF (massive emphasis) there is any truth to these Prince rumours, he'll undoubtedly play on the Sunday. IF the rumours are true, we're looking for the Saturday headliner.* Kasabian doing Saturday - Saturday would make sense, just as the Stones did this year but their own gigs post-Glastonbury.

*I'm presuming if Prince doesn't play on the Sunday, another 'popular' act will do.

Edited by GlastoSimon

They're a current, popular rock act with a new album out next year who have never headlined the festival but headlined almost every other major festival on the isles and are active around the festival, so I think they're a good bet before you consider the rumours and apparent leaks and allusions by BBC radio DJ's. I'm not particularly a fan, just as other people in this thread aren't, but I'm not in denial of the fact they're cut out to headline in the not too distant future. By no means would I suggest taking it seriously but when you consider the rest of the rumours on the eFestivals listings are the same ones that are linked every year that never come to fruition, then next year could well be cut out to be theirs.

Edited by dentalplan

Kasabian would be a poor booking, imo. The only slot I could see them suiting would be an other stage headliner, I do not think that they are suitable as a Pyramid headline act at this point in their career.

The Roses would be magnificent, but I'm pretty sure I'd read previously that this was extremely unlikely (was it something Melvyn said earlier in the year?)

Kasabian would be a poor booking, imo. The only slot I could see them suiting would be an other stage headliner, I do not think that they are suitable as a Pyramid headline act at this point in their career.

The Roses would be magnificent, but I'm pretty sure I'd read previously that this was extremely unlikely (was it something Melvyn said earlier in the year?)

I actually quite liked Kasabian when they played back in 2007 (I think it was before the Arctic Monkeys) they were absolutely superb, thoroughly enjoyed the show on the Friday night great vibe and energy.

In 2009 they played again but on the Saturday (if I remember correctly), it was good but not great was fairly unimpressed and far back in the crowd.

At Reading 2012 I was very interested to see them headline a major festival. I was not totally sure they'd pull it off, but having headlined various other festivals they'd gained the experience to put on a pretty impressive show.

Now thinking Glasto Headline wise, for me I need them to bring out a terrific album before they'd be offered headline spot, as they deliver a show very well but not necessarily a calibre of music worthy of a headline set.

Edited by willutalk

I actually quite liked Kasabian when they played back in 2007 (I think it was before the Arctic Monkeys) they were absolutely superb, thoroughly enjoyed the show on the Friday night great vibe and energy.

In 2009 they played again but on the Saturday (if I remember correctly), it was good but not great was fairly unimpressed and far back in the crowd.

At Reading 2012 I was very interested to see them headline a major festival. I was not totally sure they'd pull it off, but having headlined various other festivals they'd gained the experience to put on a pretty impressive show.

Now thinking Glasto Headline wise, for me I need them to bring out a terrific album before they'd be offered headline spot, as they deliver a show very well but not necessarily a calibre of music worthy of a headline set.