2014 Headliner predictions

Guest Matt87

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Reading 2012 I was very interested to see them headline a major festival. I was not totally sure they'd pull it off, but having headlined various other festivals they'd gained the experience to put on a pretty impressive show.

Now thinking Glasto Headline wise, for me I need them to bring out a terrific album before they'd be offered headline spot, as they deliver a show very well but not necessarily a calibre of music worthy of a headline set.

you're not talking about that picture that got put up on Facebook just before the festival that had some kind of weird Purple Rain / Glastonbury reference are you? that had everybody thinking he was gonna do a secret set at Shagri La? (i can't remember exactly what the picture was...)

Kasabian would be a poor booking, imo. The only slot I could see them suiting would be an other stage headliner, I do not think that they are suitable as a Pyramid headline act at this point in their career.

The Roses would be magnificent, but I'm pretty sure I'd read previously that this was extremely unlikely (was it something Melvyn said earlier in the year?)

They're an excellent live act, but it's worth noting that I went into the circle at the front for them at T two years ago, and didn't struggle to get into the third row of folk. This was as soon as they came on, I decided to take advantage of a weirdly small crowd. That said, it looked kinda mobbed outside the circle. God knows what they were doing out there.

Many may consider them a poor booking, but if they aren't suitable now, when will they be? For me they'd be great! But that's a matter of choice, a great back catalog, and from experience, are excellent headliners, and they put a great show on...

If LondonTom is lurking, expect his standard Kasabian headliner photo now!

Edited by thesecretingredientiscrime

who'd be happy with this?

Pyramid:

ARCADE FIRE KASABIAN EAGLES

ELBOW THE BLACK KEYS DOLLY PARTON

THE NATIONAL EXAMPLE LILLY ALLEN

Other:

CALVIN HARRIS OUTKAST METALLICA

It's a really strong lineup but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. It feels pretty glastonbury... comment.