2014 Headliner predictions

Guest Matt87

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noone who's started out within the last 5 - 10 years will though now. Music is too nice - no-one is angry enough (or the ones that are aren't making music or don't have the right contacts/money to get noticed).

If there's no equivalent of 'Ghost town,' 'Between the Wars', 'Margaret on the Guillotine', 'Anarchy in the UK', 'Ohio', 'Slash N Burn' etc in the state the world's in now, then what fucking chance we got.

And even if there was, the public are too apathetic to notice it anyway.

Muse, Kasabian, Arcade Fire, The Killers 2030 Reform show :P

I watching something on Sky Arts the other about Vinyl and how they wasn't orginally made to last in the 50s/60s as the record companies didn't expect any of the artists to still be in demand after a couple of years.

Intresting idea that ;)

Edited by LondonTom

As i've said before those artists that are now on their say 7th 8th album need to be doing it 10 -15 years down the line to be considered as those in the ilk of the Stones, Etc , but they never will as these artists were around in the time of Music change and lifestyle change when people had as has been said had something to say, yes angry especially in the UK, the Soul side of things is another matter but Stevie Wonder aside none of the rest could headline the Pyramid. Radiohead like um or loath them( and i love them) have that longevitity, though even Thom has thoight of winding it up. Can bands stand the test of time anymore, i am not so sure with todays throw away society.

As i've said before those artists that are now on their say 7th 8th album need to be doing it 10 -15 years down the line to be considered as those in the ilk of the Stones, Etc , but they never will as these artists were around in the time of Music change and lifestyle change when people had as has been said had something to say, yes angry especially in the UK, the Soul side of things is another matter but Stevie Wonder aside none of the rest could headline the Pyramid. Radiohead like um or loath them( and i love them) have that longevitity, though even Thom has thoight of winding it up. Can bands stand the test of time anymore, i am not so sure with todays throw away society.

There's an interview in this month's Uncut magazine with Ray and Dave and it does look like The Kinks getting back together again isn't a complete impossibility. It looks like there have been some conciliatory gestures in that direction.

They'd have the songs to headline, just maybe not the stage show / live chops, but if he was struggling to find someone else I'm sure M. Eavis would at least consider them

Kasabian are an outright mainstage headliner at any UK fest I reckon. They've headlined every other major festival successfully and with a new album theyre not gonna play anything lower.

Im always suprised when people expect glastonbury headliners to bigger than everywhere else.