Elbow to headline in 2014

Guest ninetyeightytwo

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pixies have to up against Arcade fire, i hope! It will be interesting to see who is subbing the Pixies and indeed headlining the West Holts and Park. Though i am an Elbow fan i have seen them three times already and will have to see what the new record is like in it's whole. I might perfer to see someone new, so if it's the Pixies then great.

I am loving the new album so far, the guardian are streming 1 minute of each song at the moment, and its sounding great

It's very Garvey orientated, I would have preferred a bit more of the band on the album, it does seem a bit vocal orientated

But I have only heard a minute of each song, but it sounds bloody good what I have heard so far

I for one will be buying the album

best thing they have done since LOTfW

I am loving the new album so far, the guardian are streming 1 minute of each song at the moment, and its sounding great

It's very Garvey orientated, I would have preferred a bit more of the band on the album, it does seem a bit vocal orientated

But I have only heard a minute of each song, but it sounds bloody good what I have heard so far

best thing they have done since LotfW

best thing they have done since LOTfW

It would be very interesting if Elbow were the Saturday headliner on the pyramid. Not least because i'd be torn to whether to see them or not. As been said to death in the earlier pages i am not sure that given an 80 minute slot that they could fill it with the newer material and that hopefully they would play a mix of the older material, but i don't see this realistically.

I LOVE ELBOW and should be headlining instead of Arcade Fire IMO. So will be treating them as my friday night headliner unless another stage pops up with a jem. Hoping for London Grammer on the JP and that would be amazing!

Arcade Fire can do one...

Jem must have been one of the worse performers to grace Glastonbury. She did that atrocious song which was the theme tune to the worst tv programme in history, Celebrity Love Island

One of the strangest things I have ever experienced at Glasto was Sunday afternoon in 2005. Me and my mate were at the Pyramid Stage, and suddenly said he wanted to go and see Jem - I have no idea why to this day, I think he must had an 'episode' or a panic attack or taken something he shouldn't. So he went to the JP stage, whilst I stayed at the Pyramid and watched Van Morrison and Brian Wilson I think it was at that time

It's a crazy world

I've said in the " Who will replace Prince " thread yesterday that if the Eavis were struggling to find a BIG name headliner that Elbow could be moved up. Well i am listening to the new album at the moment and i can tell you that they are not ready for it. Very dissapointed really, perhaps they've peaked with SSN and LOFW, obviously IMO the earlier stuff was better, BUT i have surrended to the opinion they are not a headline band. I just can't now see how it can work. I big statement on only the first listening of the new record but nothing jumps out. I like " New York Morning " and " My Sad Captians" , " The take of and landing of everything" and " the blacket of the night " are ok, . This record is designed to send us all to sleep, i won't be seeing them this year now .