Elbow to headline in 2014

Guest ninetyeightytwo

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True i am an old codger :) . its just that i haven't really seen any of grace under pressure and asleep at the back live after only getting into them after LOFW. I first went to see them live at the SNN launch and beyond and even then they didnt play many faves. Admittedly i havn't seen them live at a large venue other than Glasto. I saw them in the Apple stores with just an audience of 200 lucky people, and then a the Roundhouse and at Glasto. never have i heard them play my fave track ' Newborn' , i guess i never will :( , sods law i will not go this year at G and they will play it!

as somebody who doesn't know much about Elbow past One Day Like This, it struck me as awful. if that's what Elbow have been doing fo

r their entire career, then clearly i am not an Elbow fan (although listening to Newborn now and it's rather nice. love the buildup at the end). i just can't see how this could be enjoyable live,

though. an hour + of incredibly MOR rock

for me, it's partly because he admitted he wrote it just to be sung by the audience in arenas.

But you are right, it is inoffensive really, it just narks me off they play it all the time at the

expense of so many better older ones.

If they want an "anthem" in the setlist, grace under pressure would be much better, or leaders

of the free world, or mexican stand off...

as somebody who doesn't know much about Elbow past One Day Like This, it struck me as awful. if that's what Elbow have been doing for their entire career, then clearly i am not an Elbow fan (although listening to Newborn now and it's rather nice. love the buildup at the end). i just can't see how this could be enjoyable live, though. an hour + of incredibly MOR rock

for me, it's partly because he admitted he wrote it just to be sung by the audience in arenas.

But you are right, it is inoffensive really, it just narks me off they play it all the time at the expense of so many better older ones.

If they want an "anthem" in the setlist, grace under pressure would be much better, or leaders of the free world, or mexican stand off...

I haven't read this thread. Has it all been about Elbow? That's a lot of pages to talk about a group I'd rather miss to go and eat a shit burger. If you were given three buttons and a piece of string you are going to be able to entertain yourself better than listening to that band. They are played around this house too many times. It's time the righteous fought back with the only kryptonite they have available to them. Yes, you've guessed it;