Elbow to headline in 2014

Guest ninetyeightytwo

We wont see that market again until Neil has said what he has to say about the other 2 headliners. They are on here reading these threads.

Once the beans are spilled they may reopen the market most likely and the odds will be reflective of the information on here.........

Edited by ThomThomDrum

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And with that William hill have removed all trace of Glasto betting from their site!

Must have had a fair few ringig them!

As someone who likes a bet, this means they are either reforming the market and will add Elbow in and repost the betting, or they will have suspended the betting altogether

lol ... here's betting it's the latter.

After all, if they think that the headliners are known they'll not be wanting to take bets that they'll lose on.

Their Queens Head set in 2008 was the greatest gig I have ever been to (might need to rethink after Portishead last weekend!). You could fee the emotion in that tent that evening, and how much passion Guy was putting into the performance. I genuinely saw grown people in tears that night it was that moving. I cannot think of many other bands who could do that to their audience

Elbow may still not headline the Sunday, so anyone who did get the bet away still may loose their cash. The WH bet for Glasto 2014 was only concerned with who plays on the Sunday night.

As far as I am aware no one really knows this information specifically............well no one on here at least.........

Elbow may still not headline the Sunday, so anyone who did get the bet away still may loose their cash. The WH bet for Glasto 2014 was only concerned with who plays on the Sunday night.

As far as I am aware no one really knows this information specifically............well no one on here at least.........

I love the idea of Elbow headlining for lots of reasons. Firstly, they've really earned it, as they have all of their success - they're the anti-x-factor band in that they've been going for ages and had to graft for everything rather than singing a bad cover version and getting marketted to number one. Secondly, they've got lots of cracking tunes and on each occassion I've seen them (about 5 times) it's felt like a personal gig because they've had lots of material to choose from. Finally, I look a bit like GG (slightly overweight with a ginger beard and short, sensible hair) so that'll give my mates endless fun, as it did at Reading at couple of years ago.

And with that William hill have removed all trace of Glasto betting from their site!

Must have had a fair few ringig them!

As someone who likes a bet, this means they are either reforming the market and will add Elbow in and repost the betting, or they will have suspended the betting altogether

"If" indeed. Seems rather reductive if you ask me. Boils it down to, more or less, a heartwarming singalong.

So no "Glastonbury Moment" for Nick Cave, despite it being dangerous, arresting, spooky and unlike anything most observers have ever seen.

But big Glasto moment for Mumford & Sons bringing the entire supporting cast on to do "With A Little Help From My Friends".

Fair enough. Most of these moments aren't going to be for me. I'll stick with what the Stones did on Saturday.

I doubt even Eavis knows the days yet. It's probably just the case that he's lined some bands up, tho perhaps he has a preference for who does which day - but the final placings might be decided by other shows those bands have.

I really do hope elbow get announced as I think a lot of people will be more sceptical than with Mumfords, which should make tickets easier to get for the people who really get the festival rather than just to see as many mainstream acts as possible in 3 days.

Also the industry really does need new blood in headliners, can easily see the likes of Foals, Florence e.t.c stepping up in coming years.

"If" indeed. Seems rather reductive if you ask me. Boils it down to, more or less, a heartwarming singalong.

So no "Glastonbury Moment" for Nick Cave, despite it being dangerous, arresting, spooky and unlike anything most observers have ever seen.

But big Glasto moment for Mumford & Sons bringing the entire supporting cast on to do "With A Little Help From My Friends".

Fair enough. Most of these moments aren't going to be for me. I'll stick with what the Stones did on Saturday.

music isn't about emotion to you? :blink: