Elbow to headline in 2014

Guest ninetyeightytwo

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elbow seem like a friday band.

I'd have guessed Sunday.

which day a headliner has depends just as much on where seems right for the other headline acts.

Some years it's pretty easy to see which band would have which day, but I'd say (from the 3 names I have) that it's harder to guess at for next year than it is some other years, because there's reasons why each of the bands could do more than one particular day.

Is the other 2 headliners on the old WH odds below or at least one of them Neil?

Kasabian (6/1)

Foo Fighters (6/1)

Noel Gallagher and High Flying Birds (8/1)

The Stone Roses (10/1)

Kings of Leon (12/1)

Bob Dylan (16/1)

Prince (16/1)

Daft Punk (20/1)

Bloc Party (20/1)

Oasis (25/1)

Led Zeppelin (25/1)

Pink Floyd (25/1)

David Bowie (25/1)

Black Sabbath (25/1)

Kanye West (25/1)

Jay-Z (25/1)

Fleetwood Mac (33/1)

Happy Mondays (33/1)

Justin Timberlake (33/1)

Lionel Richie (33/1)

Red Hot Chili Peppers (33/1)

New Order (33/1)

Jake Bugg (40/1)

Florence + The Machine (50/1)

Bruce Springsteen (50/1)

Elvis Costello (66/1)

Justin Bieber (100/1)

This news has genuinely made my day!

Whatever night they headline you just know that the happiest person there with the biggest smile will be Guy himself.

2011's performance was the highlight of the festival for me. They are a band that totally get their crowd every time and I think given the magnitude of headlining their favourite festival, would compile a set list of songs from across their career that would make for a legendary show.

As for size of crowd. From where I was in 2011 not many acts played to more than Elbow did as Subs.

So glad they've been awarded such an accolade totally deserve it

So you dont know officially? It's just what you believe to be true.

efestivals never knows officially until the exact same time as you.

(not quite 100% accurate ... we tend to get the listing sdhortly before the publication time)

That's not stopped us being 100% on at least half the headliners over the last decade+ long before any official announcement.

However, things are still a long way from the "they're a definite" stage. What I believe I know are the acts that Eavis has made verbal agreements with quite a while before this year's fest, which history shows don't always actually get to happen for a number of different reasons (bands touring plans change, they get a better offer, they split up, whatever) ... so while I can reveal what I think I know, it's a long way short of me saying "these are he headliners for next year, definitely".

Having said that, because of Elbow's relationship with Glasto, I think it's a strong likelihood that they will be one of the headliners for next June.

The other two acts are more likely to change, I think. I know one of those acts seem to be pretty excited about doing it, but there's all sorts of things which might still get in the way. For example, it's probably the case that their manager would rather they played elsewhere instead of Glasto, because the band will get a bigger fee and so then would the manager too. So I reckon any manager is likely to try and steer their band towards the bigger fee.