• Replies 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• A Guy Called Matt

• Woffy

If we all get to meet up then I'll give you some. These are hand picked off a mountain (which will remain nameless) in Wales in the dead of night by two aficionados of their trade. They use head torches and search for hours. Then they filter out all the crap, so that you only end up with the best. They do it at night because the police are always on the look out in that area apparently.

It's when someone says something that can be interpreted as being slightly rude, as in Finbarr Saunders from Viz. Also- "fnar", see:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fnarr

We decided that when someone says anything even remotely saucy, it should be declared a Finbarr.

:)

It's a gloriously sunny day here in Birmingham. I have just come back from a meeting at head office and can confirm that I am being made redundant (which is what I wanted). Basically I didn't apply for my own job in a re-structure that they were having. Instead, I applied for a job I know very little about - something which became very evident at the interview stage! So I go in there today and they tell me that my own job is available but because of a quirk of employment law they cannot force me to take it. They asked me if I would take it of my own volition. It was all I could do to stop myself laughing at this point. I managed to keep a straight face and told them no I wouldn't be wanting that job. They then went on to tell me that apart from the £30K severence package they are forced to give to me that they also have to add on another approx £6K for my notice period, for which they do not want me to work. So, I'm £36K up and am going to spend some time away from the rat race. I am a very happy bunny today. I get my life back, if only for a while. Yipppeee.

Bit of culture leading into a sun-filled weekend.

I put NFR NFC into Google Translate, Latin, to start with:

non stupri pluvias, non stupri pepigit!

Brilliant news Yog , hope you can chill for a bit, the free ticket comes up, and your new career starts effortlessly. A friend of mine was a headmaster who took early retirement years ago, and 'signed on' for a bit for his 'stamp'. A jobsworth told him he had to put 2 jobs down that he was looking for (he'd only put Headmaster). So, he added astronaut.

Edited by carlosj

Bit of culture leading into a sun-filled weekend.

I put NFR NFC into Google Translate, Latin, to start with:

non stupri pluvias, non stupri pepigit!

Brilliant news Yog , hope you can chill for a bit, the free ticket comes up, and your new career starts effortlessly. A friend of mine was a headmaster who took early retirement years ago, and 'signed on' for a bit for his 'stamp'. A jobsworth told him he had to put 2 jobs down that he was looking for (he'd only put Headmaster). So, he added astronaut.