The Elbow Excitement Thread!

ThomThomDrum

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They never played station approach or Newborn. I would have remembered. having seen them three times since the release of SSN I have not been lucky enough to get anything from before LOFW and I hope that they do headline and perhaps I might be treated to Scattered Black and Whites or power blue or even a 12 minute rendition of New born , but I doubt it. I like what I hear so far from the new stuff and I reckon they'd play mostly LOFW and SSN and new album, at least we' d get loneliness of a tower crane driver. I agree that One day like this is becoming a bit tiresome but as has been said it has attracted a new following, but they are not OUR little secret any more are they.

They never played station approach or Newborn. I would have remembered. having seen them three times since the release of SSN I have not been lucky enough to get anything from before LOFW and I hope that they do headline and perhaps I might be treated to Scattered Black and Whites or power blue or even a 12 minute rendition of New born , but I doubt it. I like what I hear so far from the new stuff and I reckon they'd play mostly LOFW and SSN and new album, at least we' d get loneliness of a tower crane driver. I agree that One day like this is becoming a bit tiresome but as has been said it has attracted a new following, but they are not OUR little secret any more are they.

Make the switch to decaff guv.

eh?

I think people in this thread wish they'd got the success they deserve because of their first three albums, rather than one day like this.

No one begrudges them their arena success do they? I wish they had got there thanks to new born or powder blue, rather than one day is all. Better songs.

Its sad that they have turned their back on 3 albums worth of great stuff. That's my beef. Not a single song off them played in 2011 is a slap in the face of older fans

Very few (if any?) bands attain success on the basis of their best material. If you are someone who isn't really into the mainstream, you will probably find the songs that the majority like are less appealing to you. I'm sure this isn't restricted to Elbow.

And I don't think they have "turned their back on 3 albums worth of great stuff". SSK was the first time I'd seen them, think I've seen them and I've seen a pretty decent number of old tracks.

I suspect the real issue is that GG can't sing that high any more...

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely leaders of the free world from what I remember? And as said, maybe station approach. This was after a skinful of every drink going though so I may be wrong. Thought they were quality though before Coldplay!

Neither. I'd seen them on the tour before when they did station approach and expected at least one of those. But no, all from the last two albums.

Edited by efcfanwirral

Things that excite me more than Elbow headlining;

Doing my tax returns.

Going to work.

My girlfriend begging to pluck my eyebrows and back (occasionally nipples too)

Running a bath.

Opening a new carton of milk.

Getting 7 chicken nuggets in a 6 nugget meal from McDonalds.

Agree with all that apart from the nuggets.

This is what they're made of. Its then washed with ammonia and add 30 odd other nasty additives and then some TGHQ - which is basically butane (lighter fluid) to keep it "fresh".

Sorry, but the mind boggles sometimes when you see people "treating" their children to this nonsense on a daily or weekly basis. Be healthier bringing your kid down the pub for a few Jagerbombs.

chicken-mcnuggets-ingredients-big.jpg

But yeah, I'd still rather a 9 piece meal, fries and a McFlurry than Elbow headlining.

Edited by The Nal

Agree with all that apart from the nuggets.

This is what they're made of. Its then washed with ammonia and add 30 odd other nasty additives and then some TGHQ - which is basically butane (lighter fluid) to keep it "fresh".

Sorry, but the mind boggles sometimes when you see people "treating" their children to this nonsense on a daily or weekly basis. Be healthier bringing your kid down the pub for a few Jagerbombs.

chicken-mcnuggets-ingredients-big.jpg

But yeah, I'd still rather a 9 piece meal, fries and a McFlurry than Elbow headlining.

So McDonalds chicken nuggets and strawberry milk shake are the same, apart from ones cold and the others hot? Well I didn't know that